East Blackwood Company District

• At the Convent of the Elements this year, Common Year 1008, Ambassador Dagger of Blackwood signed the Copperdale Contract effectively claiming a portion of the City of Copperdale for the East Blackwood Company. The new East Blackwood Company Guild District has been given over to Don Anthem DeVigil del HORD where he will assume the position of District Administrator and serve as the Embassy's representative in Copperdale.

The city district, as small as it is, has been redesigned by Anthem and Sir William Kutscher agreed to pay for and rebuild the district for the East Blackwood Company. The district will consist of a barracks and hall for the DeVigil family and mercenaries, an East Blackwood and Realms Deputation building, a Kutscher carriage house and others.

• Sometime after the East Blackwood Embassy visited the residence of the Protectorate in Nordheim, Ambassador Dagger, Raelene Skye and Djako Kaevh traveled south to the City of Copperdale where the East Blackwood Company had a city district. The trio had never been there before as it was administered by Dagger’s bodyguard. Amusingly enough, a bodyguard that is rarely guarding his charge is not much of a bodyguard but that is a story for another time.

The East Blackwood Embassy and Realms Embassy Deputation Building was more like two small buildings connected by a causeway. Dagger takes up a night or so of residence in the Blackwood portion of the building while he prepared for his journey south to the Western Seal and onto the Bluthatz in Hohld.

“Rae, Djako, do you two think you could help me formulate a couple of letters? I need to write the Voice of the West... annnd Sir Shean. For Sir Shean it is simple, I just need to give him a year end update of the work and progress we have made. With the Voice though… I need to prepare the renovations and preparations of the Embassy for opening later this year.”

• Realene opens her mouth for a moment and then closes it, almost as though she’s about to be on the defensive but then decides otherwise.

She pushes her book aside taking a piece of parchment. “Let me tell you something. When I ask what do you want to focus on next, don’t think of it so much as a physical place. Think of it as the next road you want to make that leads to the next stop. If I ask if we need to focus on a task in the West, it is not because I’m trying to focus on one place, it’s because I’m trying to think of the next move you want to make.”

She stands up, and puts her hands on her lower back to stretch out the tension. “Sometimes getting what you want depends on finding a way to make sure it’s in everyone’s favor, and if one path is blocked then you need to find a way around it.”

• Dagger shrugs. "The angry woman has a point." With a wink to Rea the Ambassador moves the letter to Sir Shean to the side and starts to write the name and title of Roman von Stauffenberg at the top. "I see many roads in many directions. It is why I am always moving and rarely spend more than a few days in one place. There is too much to do. So in this case the question is, what are the roads."

"I do not really think anything is blocked... Well the South seems to be falling a part but I have never been there so I would not know for sure. I just read news and hear rumors. So is it even worth investing in at this point? Maybe it is but only when we have the numbers to make a difference. We will have to be there for the crowning of a new Nyame of course..."

Once Dagger finishes writing the title of Roman he puts his quill down again. "So roads... We, of course, continue with our work on the Rosen River Trade Deal and see what we can achieve there. We lend our support to Balor in his upcoming bid for Archon. These things you know. In the North, we have to further our contacts but a lot of that will have to wait until we have finalized a deal with Victor and Eva."

"For the East, I will be leaving Mythodea for a wedding immediately following our involvement in the War of Ashes. There will likely be dignitaries of the Phoenix Empire there. " Dagger smiles. "Don't worry, I will behave myself. I have learned my lesson..."

"Another note concerning the Realm of Roses. That article in the Herold you showed me earlier about the Blutadler Jarl is interesting. I will be going on the Bluthatz to inquire about the meaning behind it. See what the good old Pacty pact has to say about it." Dagger smiles... "The Achenar moving to Adastra and the Hanse's involvement there opens us a road into the Free Cities that was not otherwise present. So we can focus on that in a month or so."

• “Key to investing, and old tip; Buy in low and sell high,” Realene says after a moment of silence once Dagger is finished. “It’s a good tip to follow in any kind of trade or market. You buy in at the low moments that way you can be one of the things that builds it back up. Its risky, but a way to end up on top and reap a reward and leave with a profit at least.”

• "You are suggesting we still travel down the Southern Road to the Golden Empire considering their current condition? I suppose we could do that. Djako could make contact." Dagger smirks at the East Blackwood Company merchant before turning his attention back to Raelene.

"As far as the Achenar goes. I have written that we invite them to treat with us but that sounds... I don't know... arrogant? At least a little. Any ideas?"

• “Well...” Realene thinks, “What do you know about him? His interests?”

She crosses her arms, “For example, Victor’s focus is on the future, his legacy perhaps even, his children. So, you think about what is the common ground, what might interest him and make a compromise that works in both favors. It’s doesnt always work but it gets people thinking and talking. It opens doors.

“What have you talked about with him?”

• "One has to meet them learn that Rae Rae... Get me a drink while your pacing please." Dagger turns back to one of the many letters before him, this one to Tares O'Grady Windschreiter, and starts writing. "So I need a line or two which express my wish to have the Embassy meet with the Achenar. I would invite them to us or we could go to them. Whichever they prefer. I just want to be as respectful as possible when forming those sentences. I do not know these people after all."

• “If you don’t know them, then why are they of interest then? One way to get them to meet with you is to find common ground. So... I’m asking you questions to find the common ground.”

She stops her slow pacing and goes to fix a drink, “Or... you take to a chance meeting, and you pay attention intently, charm them, and keep the talk about yourself to a minimum to show them that you show interest in who they are. EVEN,” she puts the glass down hard, “if it bores you,” and smirks.

She starts pouring, “Sometimes the greatest political and business strength, is the gift of listening,” she places the pitcher down and walks over with the glass, “and knowing when,” she puts it down beside him, “to shut up.”