Under a Black Moon

• When : At the full moon before the mirror world campaign.
    Where : In the same dirty travelers ‘tavern on a merchant’s road in the North
    Whom: Mainly Drows but more or less everyone who may be interested.

Gwo was the only customer in the Inn, he was sitting next to one of the few dusty and small windows on the west side of the Inn.
    Through the dirty and rough glass we was able to see the full moon rising above the tree. The light of the full moon was the first thing he saw when he arrived onto the surface twenty years ago. At that time, he thought he was looking at the Sun itself. He only realize his mistake when his first night on the surface died and when the cruel sun raised.
    That was long before he met Ryzzil, long before the joined an expedition to Mythodea...
    The Drow sighs and focus his attention to the Inn Keeper as this one was looking through a hole in the curtains that separate the Inn from the kitchen.
    "So Hurdur'n will you take a bath and get ready for tonight or will you let Sul'trass dance alone ?"
    The Inn Keeper, a Drow with messy hairs, turn around with an angry face and reply

"Shut the fuck up Gwo, you know that this shit will bring death to all of us"
    Gwo half-smile

"Really ? Apparently Sul'trass is not sharing your opinion"

She does but some of you guys manage to convince her that it's a worthy cause to embraces, even if you stand no chance"

" Some are dancing with the moon and the stars, I prefer to dance with the chaos. Yes, I must admit it's a dangerous game but nothing compare to the life we had in the Underdark, you remember Menzo ?"

"Sure thing Gwo, I've survived to the pit and worse but would Sul'trass and all the others do ? They are too soft, born on the surface… You guys started something without even knowing the cost we will have to pay"

"We are playing a Sava game here, Hurdur'n. We need sometimes to offer our back to our so called enemies and throw the dice."

"This will end up badly and you know it ! I still cannot get why a priestess didn’t cut your tongue long time ago… "

Hurdur’n and Gwo stopped suddenly their conversation as a new comer enter the Inn.

• Tarabas entered the inn. With s quick glance around he went straight to Gwo, crossing his arms.

"Vendui." he nodded to the two drow.
    "You wish to speak to me?"

The cleric was dressed as usual. Full armoured and carrying his two longswords.

Orga Quellar Xarann

Charaktere:

Tarabas Nightshadow, Waffenmeister Aquas

Usst'Sargtlin Tal'Shar Xarann (Hausadel)

Theodorik zu Wolfenau

"Die Kleinigkeiten erzeugen Perfektion, aber Perfektion ist keine Kleinigkeit."

• Gwo stand up and reply to the priest,

"Vendui Weapon Master"

Gwo flash a glance at Hurdur’nand this one disapear immediately in the kitchen. A few second later both drows could head a wooden door noise.

"Thanks for replying to my invitation, let's take a seat... I am not offering something to drink but help yourself if something woudl fancy you"

Gwo takes his glass and sit at a round and dirty table in the middle of the Inn.

"So, we didn't had much time to talk last time we saw each other... As always your time and mine are too precious to waste in chitchat"

"Darada D'Issan gathered allied, mostly Rivvin for the mirror world campaign. Trust and Unity is what will help us to face the army of doubt. You and some of the Xaran family will be also crossing the portal. How far are your people and especially your jalil are adapted to the surface ? "

• Tarabas nodded approvingly.

"We train to adapt more to the sun and other specialities like silent movement, but we are far from our posibilities. It takes much time and most Ilythiiri are only few month here before they return to Arach Suliss. Nevertheless we will be crossing the portal, even in fewer number. My troops will mostly defend the North against possible attacks from the Black Ice.
    Why do you ask?"

Orga Quellar Xarann

Charaktere:

Theodorik zu Wolfenau

• Our Quellar lives in the surface for years. I need to coordinate troops and manage to have the best combination of people skills. I've seen what the Quellar Xaran is capable of last year. Powerfull and sure of their strengh in the battle. During the last month of campaign in the North, I've seen Drows soldier refusing to be healed by talented and trustworthy white elf. In fact, I've seen many stupid behaviors. Not that this behaviors are good or bad, I am not giving you my opinion here, but in a battle you have to trust your allied and they should also be able to trust you. You know, more than any other, that as Drow we need to show unity and no failure to the ennemy or the Rivvin.

Gwo takes a strange voice then, inspired but also slightly mocking.

In Drada D'Issan we belive that Drows have to be United as the North is. The respect from the other races has to be earned and not coming from a potential fear from a shadow [OT:near the toilet usualy].

We are Drows ! If we are organized and united, we can be deadly and feared under the Sun and still be the most efficient race of all during the Night.

Gwo light up a pipe and inhale a heavy puff.

So, do you think the jalil from Arach Sullis will fight side by side with white elf or shall we take special measure to avoid such encounter ?

• "They will do as I command. It is not necessary to take any special measures."

He watched Gwo.

"But it may come to verbal misunderstandings and disputes. But I am sure your healers can handle a uncooperative patient."

Orga Quellar Xarann

Charaktere:

Theodorik zu Wolfenau

• The Door opened a second Time and a compared to the present Drow´s smaller Person with grey Skin and a Bandage over his right Eye entered the Inn. The Duergar was on his way to Paolos Trutz after his further education by they aboveground Healers at Selfiran. It wasn't the shortest route especially for his kind there for was the Inn a nice diversion.

Jerdur Son of Urtnar looked first to Gwo and Tarabas give them a nod The Gray Protector with you.

And then started searching for the Innkeeper.

Seh ich wie einer dieser verrückten weltverbessernden Helden aus die dauernt ihr Leben für Gott und die Welt riskieren??!<br />-Jerdur (Duergar Feldscher)-Kaadash (Ork Wald-/Wiesengeher)<br />Youtube-Video

• Gwo's surprise can be red during only a second on his face.

Tarabass is handeling his people well...

and here come a new guest, a Duergar... sweet... they are not so commun on the surface...

"Hello Traveler and welcome... the inn keeper is outside. If you are seeking for a good night rest just leave your bag in the first room on your left. As it's an holy night tonight food and drink are on the owner account. The party have already started just follow the music and you will find a clearing 500 meters to the North"

Then hiding his fingers to the new comer he signs to Tarabas

P:S: sorry for the time of respond we were organizing a LARP last weekend and as you probably know it's quite demanding in terms of time

• Tarabas nodded towards the duergar.

As he reads Gwos signals his eyes narrowed.

"As far as I am concerned those outside my protectorat and outside Xarann can do whatever they choose to do. But I won't tollerate everything and if.... if the gods come here... it will mean war as it is in the old world. But for the greater goal of victory, for now, I can stand side by side with these traitors."

Orga Quellar Xarann

Charaktere:

Theodorik zu Wolfenau

• The Duergar can suddenly feel the tension inbetween the two drows.

After a slightly too long silence Gwo says

"Regarding the forthcoming war in the mirror world we are on the same page"

Then the drow takes a deap breath and continue.

"You are on Mythodea much longer than us, so i would like to understand a bit better the forces here: A few years ago we killed many of the Jarra`ruud because they were threatening the Nyame and saying that she was a traitor. Since then, we conduct our own reseach on the source of mythodea's magic. Our own Mistress refused to come here as no outside gods have powers unless the element agree with it. They said the territory here is cursed by Lloth".

" Am I correct, Master Tarabass ? ".

• You coud literally see how the Mind of the Duergar worked behinde his bald forehead; some Drow feast and he gets free Food and better free Drinks. A big smile on his face and without hesatation he started to help himself on one Bottle of Brandy.

Was he mistaken or had he seen from the corner of his eye looked like that of a drow tried to hide his hands from him? Great.. now they starting with this pointing and waveing Thing that they so fond of... spiderkissers...

He placed himself on one over Table and fully dedicate himself to the Bottle until he thought that the atmosphere changed. Maybe he gets a second change to see a Drow full with Brandy like in Selfiran, that woud be interesting.

Seh ich wie einer dieser verrückten weltverbessernden Helden aus die dauernt ihr Leben für Gott und die Welt riskieren??!<br />-Jerdur (Duergar Feldscher)-Kaadash (Ork Wald-/Wiesengeher)<br />Youtube-Video

• "Not cursed...more.... abandoned. Jarra'ruud is a threat to the peace in the north. Thats why they had to ... leave. You are right in yourknowedge. Not one god has powers in this land others than the ones the elements grant them. But most clerics are far out of the truth. The elements are pure raw power. They are. Our gods need their followers and are bound to their domains and own restictions. The elements are not. They are much greater than the gods in their way, they are endless. And that means that our gods, every god that ever existed an will ever exist, are part of the elements. You can find them in the elements. That is why I can be s weaponmaster of Aqua and a cleric of Selvetarm."

Orga Quellar Xarann

Charaktere:

Theodorik zu Wolfenau

• “I see… “

The drow turns his head to the Duegar
    “Jerdur Son of Urtnar. Come and join us at our table, we are talking underdark politics… we will join the party after “

Then Gwo continues his conversation with the weapon master.

“I am no priest and I don’t follow too much the logic behind all this. All I know is that I am a bit tired to kill other Drow… especially here in Mythodea were we are so few…“

“Since my time in the Braeryn in Menzo, I only believe in functional and practical solutions. If someone think that dancing naked under the moon is good, then who I am to judge this. Same with the ladies who rip heart out of slaves’ chest in the name of the spider queen. Even if one seems more productive than the other.”

Then with a side smile he continues…

“What I don’t get, is that when our people arrive in Mythodea via the Duegar harbor: They are incorporated in Shalzad’s army. Then when they start fighting on the surface for the North, in the mirror world for example, they have to learn to cope with orcs, take orders from humans like the Archon, or whatever the kriegmaster Gorathiel is and fight side by side with white elf.

After all this, back in Shalzad, Drada D’Issan or Gales Morgan. We ask them to forget abt all this ! Do you think they will be able to start again hunting white elf and follow the spider priestess dogma without questions after all that? “

Gwo\&#39;Zothreth Jaelre <br />-----------<br />l\&#39; tah zhah l\&#39; menvis

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Gwo ()

• The priests shrugs.
    "I really dont know, and at the moment I don't care. Xaranns politics is very practical. After all we are mercenaries and not few of our troops are from other races.
    I think that here and now, we, our folk, have the possibilities to start our return to the surface. To get rid of this ancient curse.
    There will be extremists in each way and there will be fools. You cannot prevent it. And one, that fits those two characteristics is the one that will die at the end of the problems he will create with his attitude."

Orga Quellar Xarann

Charaktere:

Theodorik zu Wolfenau

• Gwo looks to Tarabass in the eyes and raise his glass.

"There is thousand ways to die but only one to live..."

at the same moment some music can be heard from outside of the Inn.

• Jerdur mummbled somthinge about opertunity and profit,but he was currious what news from the Underdarks they got and joint them.

He looked for a moment over his shoulder in the direction of the music and then pointed with the Bottel at Gwo and Tarabass.

"Someone?"

• "no thank you, i am only drinking my own stuff... "

Gwo stand up and go behind the bar grab three iron glass and three sealed bottles.

He put the bottles on the table at the disposal of the guest. On the bottle it's written "Porto"

"Pick one master Tarabass, it's from my own reserve. Don't take it personnaly Jerdur, it's cultural I would say"

Then Gwo sit and ask to the gray dwarf

From which protectorate are you from again ?

• With a shrug Jerdur replayed.

Your lost my win.

And after a big gulp from the Bottle he answered Gwo

"My Kind lives in Ozam Har´ol. Did you come from the South or did you two pased there through?

• "No, Thank you. Yes, you could call it cultural. We just met on the road, you can say."

He smirks.

"How is the trade going on? News from other sigils?"

Orga Quellar Xarann

Charaktere:

Theodorik zu Wolfenau