The green bitch

• The Lethi stood still. She did not move a limb. She just stared Alais into the eyes and seemed to be in a trance herself now.

Her breath was going slower and slower, until it was ulmost silent.

"Be my light", she whispered finally and with fear in her voice.
    Then she fell to the ground, exhausted.

• Alaïs was astonished. She was looking at Naira with round eyes.
    She finally moved quickly to Naira.

She lifted her up - even if she was weak - and whispered:

Dear, I cannot tell you how to love Terra again. But it is your hate that threat your life. You are fighting against the baby. Your faith Naira. You can believe in me. I'll guide your path on the way to motherhood!

• The white elf nodded. She was not convinced yet that Alais could help her to find a secure place.
    But at least the dryad knew what it meant to be raised under wrong circumstances...
    "I thought we would go back to the depth", she said tiredly, "and live there, in the dark, on our own. I was ready to give in to the settlers´belief, I have bent my Lethi beliefs to become a part of this continent. Now she doesn`t want me below there. She doesn`t even recognize me, after all those years and fights on her behalf... and I will have to stay here, on the surface... I cannot break with her, yet I hate what she has done to us. I hate a part of myself, and only Magica keeps me clinging to this wrong, wrong world! `cause I have promised her to be Atani in her spirit. Even although SHE doesn`t recognize my either..."

It was a fact that Naira had never been recognized by the Avatars since she had come to Mythodea five years before. She had asked for several challenges and fought for them hard and with all her will. But whenever she had come back to an Avatar, he or she had believed to see her for the first time... and sometimes had even forgotten the task. So Naira had given up to ask for rewards.
    She would stay the unknown pointed-ear to the incarnations of what she was deeply devoted to as an Atani.
    And after all she had been going through since May, she didn`t feel an impulse to explain herself ever again.

• Alaïs was listening to Naira with a smiling face. What Naira was saying was not that funny, but she was happy. Happy about the new link that bound her to the Lethi. Happy to finally understand, through Naira's speech, was it was to be her light. To be her confident and be there to peace Naira's inner self.

Naira, the important is not to be recognised by the others, or strangers. What is important is to recognise yourself through your actions. You have always followed both your mind and heart. That's what defines you as a great woman. I am proud of you. And each of us - those who know your name - know that you are implied nearly in everything on Mythodea. One day, you'll be rewarded. I'm sure of that.

Alaïs now felt stupid. She was under the impression that her speech sounded like very cheap poetry. She touched her mask, just to check if it was still on her face. Since she joined the Jaelre, she was tried to put it off as little as possible. She would have liked Naira to see her entire face at this right moment.

• Naira smiled back, a faint smile.
    "You are absolutely right, p´hos, my light!", she answered. "I have always recognized myself and I have always stayed Naira, whatever I was doing and however deep the shadows have been I have been walking through... But you know, Alnock and Mahrukkaa and Creo and even Kherankor have told me over and over again that I would have to proof my worth - be judged by others here on Mythodea - to be allowed to take a part in their community! They have convinced me that I was not enough for them - that `being only Naira´ could never mean anything to them or to the other settlers! They told me to obey an element - although my people could never distinguish between the elements; everything is ONE. They have made it absolutely clear that I could not survive nor find any listener until I WOULD HAVE been recognized by others, exactly! Because they were not able to recognize me through my actions. They could not read my mind and heart. Or, some of them could, but... it has never been enough... Only now... after my hunt... after I have given in to Terra, given my body and soul, only now my darkness was ready to let me in... and this is all that is left for me. It`s the only thing I have ever achieved here on Mythodea."
    She touched her belly again, carefully. Tears were coming back into her eyes.
    "And if you ask me, it is more than most people here have ever achieved or will ever experience. I do not want to judge them, as they have judged me. But as far as I can FEEL it, I am most deeply devoted to the darkest shadows in this world as one could be - the question what is right and what is wrong - and what you have to pay for it if you want to go the right way..."

• Alaïs found nothing to answer. She stared at Naira, silently. Of course she had an opinion about Mahrukkaa and the others. She was disappointed. She was angry. She was sad. Feelings were melting into her heart.

Alaïs thought about one kind of - what she interpreted as - a tradition in humans community. Without knowing was she was doing, she took Naira into her arms.

• Alaïs decided to whisper back. As if she wanted to phisically try to appease Naira. She continued to hold her.

(PM)

Alaïs was so tired. She tried to keep the head straight. But the emotions of the final battle have been so much oppressive for her.

She put her face nearer, put up her mask - so that only Naira could see her face - and smiled confidently.

"We'll need to talk in Drada d'Issan!"

---------------- end of scene ----------------------