Beiträge von Raven

Contact Person: Jacob Henriksen (Raven)

Groupname: The Iron Daggers

Number Player/Tickets: 17

Tent: In order of priority. (We don't expect to have room for them all, but we will bring them anyway)

Description - tent size - size with ropes

2 x Square tents (3,4 x 3,4) + 1,5 meter strings.

1 x Barracks tent (8 x 6)

1 x Round tent for community area (5 meters in diameter)

2 x Round tent (4 meters in diameter) + 1,5 meter strings.

2 x Oval tent (4 x 6)

others things:

arrival: Monday

Edit: 24.05.2023

Contact Person
    : Jacob Henriksen (Raven)

Number Player/Tickets: 12

Tent: In order of priority. (We don't expect to have room for them all, but we will bring them anyway)

1 x Round tent for community area (4 meters in diameter)

2 x Oval tent (4 x 6)

others things:

arrival:

Contact Person: Jacob Henriksen (Raven)

Number Player/Tickets: 11

1 x Round tent for community area (4 meters in diameter)
    1 x Round tent (5 meters in diameter)
    1 x Oval tent (4 x 6)

others things:

neighbours you would like to camp next: Lunorth and if possible Selfiran

arrival: The whole group expects to arrive on the 3rd. Late in the afternoon.

"It's fine, but I still need something concrete to take to the other daggers. When will you be ready to brief us? If you need time to prepare we do have other things we need to attend and then we will return to you afterwards."

Raven empties the cup of water then goes and leans over the table and places the cup next Beria.

"Thank you, I think I can allow myself a cup of mead now... Sir Beria, the reason I ask for the favour in writing is that I don't know yet. But when I do, I hope that I can count on you. I would prefer it in writing so there won't be any misunderstandings in the future."

He then returned to his original position and he exclaimed a small sigh of relief.

"I want there to be a friendship between East Blackwood and the Iron Daggers, so I will also ask you, is there anything you need from us?"

Raven looked thoughtful for a moment.

"The favour of knowledge would just be a written favour for now. It might be to help us locate some materials of interest, but I am uncertain of the specifics. I would suggest it written as a major favour in the eyes of the north."

He then continued to stretch his back.

"Seems we are close to a good result. Four months of payment and a major written favour of knowledge. I hope that we can settle it here and move on to the new business."

Raven leaned on the table with his head hanged low.

As the new gentlemen entered the room and Lady Sayeh was about to leave he spoke up. "I am sorry our first meeting was like this Lady Sayeh, I know none of us wanted this. Go with the blessing of the elements."

He then turned his attention to the new gentlemen in the room. "Fine evening to you two gentlemen. As you know my name is Raven, if we are on formal titles I am Champion and leader of the Iron Daggers, knight of Sir Ulrich first of Porto Leonis"

"Your merchant speaks the truth and yes we can settle on six months served time" He then went for the nearest jug with clean water and filled his cup. "Regarding the expanded territory. We the Iron Daggers have become wards of a small part of Copperdale, including some territory next to yours. Some of that territory as Diob mentioned in his letter is a gift to East Blackwood company, one you haven't accepted yet. As to how big the area is precise, I am sorry I don't know. Diob has left the meeting in frustration and he is the one with the knowledge."

He leaned a bit on his cup and before anyone could answer he continued "Regarding our payment. If we should settle on six months of payment, we still helped provide order and security in your district after. We have also been supplied with good food and wine in your service, so won't you think it's fair that it cancel itself out?"

It was clear he was a bit tired at this point, but he tried his best to seem friendly.

"And my last proposition. My men need to get paid, but one thing most of us Iron Daggers knows to be true is that knowledge is power. So I will be willing to cut it down for 4 months of payment, in exchange for a written favour From East Blackwood. A favour of knowledge."

He then raised his cup and gave the men a chance to speak.

Raven ignored the first couple of remarks from the merchant and Diob, his eyes observed Lady Sayeh.

But when the merchant came with his offer Raven replied in a harsh tone without releasing his gaze.

"As I said, we would gift that area to you, but you never accepted it and with no written contract, that means it's ours... You can take that up with the governor or Lord Protector if you like, it won't change anything."

Raven then released his gaze and look over to the merchant, his tone calmed as he controlled his temper.

"My patience is running thin... It's this simple, we were given a job and we were never released from said job. But as I said, I don't want to be an unreasonable man. Pay os for 12 months, food and wine included. Heavens know we served you a lot longer than that, but because of this misunderstanding, I won't press for more."

Raven remained until Lady Sayeh was done.

He then took a sip of water and calmly placed the cup on the table.

"Peculiar thing, Lady Sayeh, in my experience, the only one that knows a con artist is another con artist. Don't try to weasel yourself out of this, we have supplied security and for that, there was the promise of payment."

He paused for a second and crossed his arms.

"Since this meeting started I have experienced nothing but evasion regarding fair payment, and that is why some of the Iron Daggers are acting up, they see it too... You might see us as some cutpurses that are trying to rob you, but this is not the case, we took this job as a token of goodwill and friendship and I was even ready to show a huge degree of leniency since there was no formal contract... And speaking of contract, that reminds me, we were not under contract so the area we have expanded is legally ours. As far as I am aware that area circles all the way around yours. Funny huh. We would have handed it over to you as part of our job and service, let you 'buy' it so to speak... But in the light of this turn of events, we might reconsider."

He looked at the rattling shutters. His so far calm voice harshened a bit.

"I think your sin is pride Lady Sayeh and believe me I demand no respect from you I earn that respect and you know nothing about me. I was knighted on the field of battle by the banner lord of Explore, first of Porto Leonis, I took a dagger to the shoulder saving his life. I have worked for a fine number of good lords, among them Lord Protector of Lunort and Count Vincent of the Realm of Roses. No one has threatened you, no one has disrespected you, we are not nobles, we don't play by those rules, don't expect us to and your threats of armies have no grip on me."

He loosened up a bit.

"I don't know what circles you wander and frankly, I don't care, I still consider East Blackwood a good business partner, let's not destroy that. So if we are done showing off, can we please settle this and move on."

Raven sighed...

"Settle down please, we are negotiating, no reason to make a fuss..."

He looked over to Skip, seeing that it was pointless arguing this with him.

"Skip I already gave you coin, you gambled away, we will have to take it off your farm if you continue." He then flipped a silver coin to him.

Raven removed his hand from the table and observed Lady Sayeh and the merchant.

"If I may, I won't be an unreasonable man, but as far as I am aware we never received a letter or a word about our job was done, more so, the letter from Sir Dagger says that the area in question should be the property of the Iron Daggers. It doesn't mention the word 'reside' anywhere. Give us a fair offer and let's talk it over, I am sure we can come to an agreement that leaves all parties happy"

He then reached for some water.

Raven placed impatiently one hand on the table.

"With all due respect, but where is this going? If we can please move this fine dance along. We have rejected Sir Daggers offer of the district, but we expect to be compensated fairly. Diob has made our opening offer, we can negotiate from there."

Skips funny remarks made Raven smile, but afterwards, he cleared his throat *Ahem*.

"Skip, nice of you to join us... I think we will let the matter of payment be resolved by our Master of Coin."

He then stretched out his hand to signal to Skip to find a place to sit.

"If we are done with the report, I believe you have a new task for us?"

Raven respectfully took a step back to let Diob inform of the recent events.

A small smile could be detected when Sayeh inquired about the rat people. He looked over at Diob, expecting him to answer.

Raven patiently waiting from the far side of the table, with his arms crossed. He followed the three women with his eyes as they entered the room. After lady Sayeh had introduced herself, he uncrossed his arms.

"It is good to meet you Lady Sayeh. My name is Raven the leader of the Iron Daggers. With me is Diob, my friend and advisor for many years, Rooster and Magnus, Two of Iron Daggers finest warriors and our warrior scholar Siarah."

He looked around at the individual person as he introduced them.