(German Version: https://conquestofmythodea.wor…ie-magie-der-darstellung/)
The „Jenseits der Siegel“ is just around the corner and with it, the Con with the most freedom for own rituals and ideas.
First the important facts:
Deadline for all rituals.
If you want to perform a ritual on the JdS, you have to register it till May 27th.
To describe a ritual you will need:
- What is the aim of the ritual?
- What is the scope (people and resources)?
- Are certain materials used?
- What is the rough schedule and what is the magic idea behind it?
Important: Rituals that are not registered will not be allowed at the event.
Rituals that result from acute plots or circumstances are excluded.
At the JdS there will be fixed ritual locations again. These are the only places where rituals are possible.
In addition there will be times, which one learns in game, at which ritual places are active.
The coordination, who needs which place when, takes place completely in game. A date coordination via the SL is not planned!
Now that we have the official part behind us, some background on the idea of rituals in Mythodea.
First of all, rituals is something for everyone. There may be characters like magicians or scholars who know rituals very well and have a lot of experience. But in Mythodea there is no limit to who can basically do a ritual.
Everybody is able to perform a ritual. Whether one has the IT knowledge here and the OT experience is then again another question.
Rituals are role play. They are representation and experience. Therefore, as often in our hobby, good and beautiful performance wins.
Clearly a ritual should be conclusive somewhere and appropriate to the size of the desired effect, but it is important that it looks good and convinces with atmosphere and passion.
Therefore, have the courage to perform!
Rituals are always an open game.
Of course a lot of time and love goes into the planning, but to role play belong unknown factors.
Therefore a ritual is never promised in advance.
A ritual, which is clearly bad in the representation or is too strongly disturbed by external factors, can simpyl fail.
Rituals where mistakes are made usually always have an effect, but this is often not what one has planned. But this should be a game approach and not a punishment. The goal is that rituals are also an adventure, which are far more than the stubborn working off of agreed rules.
With these words you all have a lot of fun with magic, mysticism and play.
If you have any questions, please contact Artefakte@mythodea.de . We are looking forward to your rituals and miracles.
Or: How exactly will this work from 2019?
by Christian Wagner for the Plot & Rules Team
After the ConQuest 2018 we explained in an extensive blog article what happened to the artifacts during the final of the last Mythodea campaign and why this important step was necessary to prepare for the next campaign. Not only have we explained our rules for dealing with „old artifacts“, but we’ve also outlined quite clearly what new rules will be there for new artifacts. Today the promised, and somewhat delayed, information will follow on how artifact creation will take place.
Link to the blog article „Artifacts in the upcoming Mythodea campaign“ (in German):
Creating new artifacts
Those who like to create a new artefact, no matter if it is a completely new idea or if the material of an old artefact should be reused, can do so at one of the three big events: Chroniken of Mythodea, Jenseits der Siegel or ConQuest. The creation of player artifacts on the Settler Cons will not be available until a later date.
This will work as follows:
- Visit http://artifacts.mytho-tools.de and, if you haven’t already, register for the artifact tool. Then sign in.
- Under the menu item „Neues Artefakt“ you can enter all the necessary information for the artefact request to the artefact team and then send the form.
- OT-Bezeichnung: Enter a clear, understandable, descriptive name for the planned artifact here.
- Name des Charakters: Which character should create and use the artifact? (If this differs, please include details in the description.)
- Veranstaltung: At which event is the creation planned?
- Wunscheffekt: Which effects and powers do you wish the artifact to have?
- Artefakterschaffung: Which materials (also old artifacts), sacrifices and abilities flow into the creation? How, where and with whom should the process (the artifact ritual) take place?
- Next, the Artifact-Team will review your request and give you feedback within the tool. You can view the artifact in your list, view its status, and respond to any queries we may have. You will receive an email notification when new messages arrive.
- Once the artifact has been successfully created at an event, the Artifact-Team can add more details to the artifact list. You can also enter information about the message function here again.
- As soon as the artifact has been completely coordinated and created, it will be set to „active“ by the team. In the future it will also be possible to generate artifact cards from the artifact tool.
(Note: The Tool will be available in Englisch soon)
In general, all requests for artifact creations should be received by the Artifact-Team no later than 3 weeks before the respective event. For the Chronicle 2019 a shortened deadline applies as an exception. In concrete terms this means:
- Chronicles 2019: 20 April 2019
- JdS 2019: 28 May 2019
- ConQuest 2019: July 8, 2019
As explained in the blog article linked above, there will be a number of new guidelines for the artifacts of the new campaign. Without taking the fun and excitement out of puzzling about artifact creation, here’s what we can tell you:
- The creation of harmless artifacts is without any issue. Harmless means:
- allowing you to have a purely role-playing, but no control effect. (Example: The magic needle with which you can sew particularly well.)
- have a regular effect that can already be found in the rules… (Example: The fan, which allows the character to create the effect Wind Gust with his own magic power).
- Especially good are artifacts that are created for a special, clearly defined purpose, have a special effect for it, but are used up afterwards and are only memorabilia. (Example: Sword and Shield to fight Igraina on the last ConQuest)
- For their effect, artefacts need elemental power. Either they are received by the carrier during each application or they are recharged. Permanent artifacts (which used to be powered by the Mythodea game world) can no longer be created.
- In general one should orient oneself with the desired effects at the possibilities of the rulebook.
Perform a ritual:
With the new campaign, the rules for performing rituals have also changed. In the course of the last ConQuest, we already tried out some innovations that have grown out of the positive and critical ritual experiences of the mirror world. Among other things, following thing are now new/different:
- Location: Rituals can no longer be performed at arbitrary locations. Suitable places are defined by the SL and mediated in the game (e.g. by fixed roles).
- Time: Rituals are only possible at certain times defined by the SL.
- Components: Suitable material, not only for the creation of artefacts, is urgently needed and strengthens the ritual and its effect. Furthermore, other factors (e.g. wrong place, wrong time) can be compensated.
- Sacrifice: A sacrifice has a positive effect on the success of the ritual.
- Unpredictability: Magic rituals are unpredictable. Sometimes there are unforeseen disturbances which can endanger the whole ritual.
All rituals must also be registered at the latest 3 weeks before the respective event via the e-mail address „Artefakte@mythodea.de“. Accordingly, the same deadlines mentioned above apply as for artefact registration.
In this spirit, for a new Mythodea campaign full of mysteries,
secrets, adventures and artifacts!
We are looking forward to it!
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
Question: „I own an artifact from the old Mythodea campaign.“
This has no effect anymore! The material can be reused for a new artefact, if necessary also following the effect of the old artefact (depending on SL agreement). Further details see blog article:
Question: „My artifact is already „confirmed new campaign“ or has been confirmed.“
However, please use the „Create new artifacts“ process described above to register it in the artifact tool. Then write us all details (also contact person or SL), so that we can check it and activate it if necessary. Artifacts that have not been entered in this tool cannot be used at the events, even if they are up to date with the new campaign.
Question: „I want to create an artifact at a forthcoming Con.“
Please follow the process „Create new artifacts“ described above and use the artifact tool.
Question: „I would like to perform a ritual.“
Please send us an email to „Artefakte@mythodea.de“. Further information can be found in the section „Performing a Ritual“.
For most the ConQuest is already two weeks past but the last truck was unloaded in Regensburg only last Monday. In the days since we already had time to read a few feedbacks and to collect results. High time, then, to give you a brief review here.
What actually happened?
For several years now, the ConQuest no longer aims to tell a great story for all participants. This approach ended with the abolition of the big stage shows and is also not planned for a revival. Instead, for many years we have concentrated on an exciting introduction, a coherent scenario and numerous manageable individual stories at banner level, which you can experience and follow from start to finish. Of course these stories are connected and who forgoes any sleep and is ready to run long distances can certainly play more than just one of them. For everyone else, here is an overview and a short summary of the results:
This list is partly only understandable, if one has experienced at least a part of the story already. Telling the whole stories on the blog would go beyond it’s scope and is not the idea of this post either.
- The Worldforge was destroyed in a massive explosion just before the start of the game. Their remains were spread all over the area and turned out to be irreparable. But the explosion also uncovered an ancient apparatus that could be adapted in such a way that the centre of Mythodeas‘ magical „leyline“ network could continue to exist even without the forge of the world.
- In all of the surrounding areas, elementary sparks appeared, which one could absorb in oneself in order to learn more about the elements and oneself.
- Stone Father, a member of the World Council, returned to the world to teach mortals how to protect Mythodea from worse with the help of the ancient apparatus.
- The workshop was badly damaged. During the repairs it was decided to keep the Forsaken knowledge so that the studio continues to take a tightrope walk. However, the Talla’kesh binding was slightly altered and is now a little more „elemental“ than before.
- The Sephor’assil were freed from their dependence on the workshop.
- The Lance of Eternity could be recovered there and led into the fight against Shey ksun Aret (whereby it was destroyed).
The workshop is being repaired.
- The Laird Igraina performed daily rituals to strengthen her power and gain access to the leylines of Mythdoea. She was able to complete three of her four rituals undisturbed, which helped her to great power, but because of the settlers‘ completion of the apparatus, her plan with the leylines failed.
- Although a good dozen players managed to arm themselves for a duel with Igraina, it was only on Friday evening that they were able to penetrate her ritual circle effectively and in large numbers. The final duel on Friday evening fought Harras von Grauenfurt and finally killed the Laird. It remains to be feared, however, that this made her the new Queen of Bones. (As visions of her at night and an apparition at the Saturday battle should suggest.)
- The Unity Banner had a tough and hard to reach opponent with the butcher Joseph. Only on Saturday he could finally be hunted down (which is not for sure the final death of an undead man).
- Through this victory, however, the Unity gained at least the last part of the phalanx of memory, another apparatus component. Here, too, the part was 100% finished and handed over to Stone Father.
- In the Temple of Terror the story of the Vahar’phobaran as well as the Tanaar and Urr’gulnar continued. Each found lively interest and it remains to be seen what the „terror“ will bring to Mythodea in the years to come.
- The „Cloak of Terror“ was also brought into play, gained by a warrior and brought into battle against the Forsaken.
Igraina meets up with the butcher Joseph.
The resurrected Ni’Shanhaz.
- In the Banner of Explorers a „ghost wanderer“ was created and trained, whose task in the future will be to watch over the state of the Mythodean leyline network.
- The Explorers also produced the „project leader node“, one of the four parts of the apparatus. The long-standing scholar and leader Peppin died during the final handover to Stone Father.
- Also among the discoverers, the reawakened Ni’Shanhaz was finally destroyed. Her long-time companion, the defected Da’na Da’ush also died.
- Together with the Explorers, the Retinue Banner succeeded in completely destroying the network of rats (spies of the Army of Doubt).
- The secrets of the Seers and the new mineral Pyarmidium have also been completely cleared up in the Retinue. It was even possible to process and refine the Pyramidium. Important note: Unvarnished Pyramidium fell apart to worthless dust immediately after the ConQuest.
- With a little help from the orcs, the Freedom Banner finally managed to destroy the bell of Corpsdale.
In addition, the crystal memory, another part of the apparatus, could be repaired and completed. This plot was also a complete success.
Mebreth on the Black Throne.
- The Adamant Banner finally succeeded in destroying the dreaded Abbot of Eysenfest, a mighty undead.
- They also accomplished to repair and complete their own apparatus component – the adamant heart. Stone Father thus acquired the fourth and last component.
- The dagger of the Episcorpa, which has been in storage for a year, has finally been completely destroyed. The recovered Chattragorioth (the Thorn from the Honorable Heart), however, is in safe custody in the Seal of the East.
- The griffin portal was completely purged on Saturday evening and the last remnants of the soul of the former eastern archon Thorus could finally find peace.
- Mebreth was also finally destroyed in the Adamant Banner after she was removed from the Black Throne.
- Shey ksun Aret had conjured the Dreamspike (also „Black Throne“) as well as the Golden Throne on the remains of the Worldforge bowl in order to gain power over time and the primal soul of Mythodea by use of these constructs. To this end, she allied herself with the Black Ice.
Die destroyed Worldforge bowl.
- The Vahatar of Justice successfully won the Golden Throne against the Ottar Khan of the Black Ice and tied herself to it. Mebreth, the last dreamwalker of the Pestilence, also had little chance of defending the Black Throne against the Vahatar of Destruction.
- As the Vahatars (bearers of the Swords of Power) realized that the thrones were too powerful to purify them of Shey’s influence, they sacrificed themselves to completely destroy them with the help of former Archon Tuachal. Through the connection created by Shey, the Worldheart of Kelriothar was also utterly destroyed (which led to the destruction of all remaining souls in Kelriothar).
- Shey was weakened by the loss of her thrones, the betrayal of her new „lover“ Darin (from the Viribus Unitis) and the end of her alliance with the Black Ice. In this state she was finally defeated by the two Vahatars of Fusion, the last Vahatar still alive. Former Vahatar Ganura was the only survivor of this.
- In all these deeds, the help of the purified Sim Galiadh was of great value, even if she was still met with much suspicion.
- The dormant souls of Almanahdir and Almahandra were also awakened from the Dreamspike and reshaped in the process. The last remnants of Orphalioth, thus again released, turned away from the Tivar Khar’assil and left to a new and distant task (without going into it in more detail).
The Vahatar of Justice takes the Golden Throne.
- Only a small group of Toria Edalphi were saved from the destruction of Kelriothar. The Ad Adrasta quarter cooperated with Mirrorlady Thier’ma to escort the Edalphi safely to Mythodea (after approval by the Banner Council).
- After the death of Shey ksun Aret, the players succeeded in putting the parts of the apparatus together and connect it to the remains of the Worldforge. This was only achieved because all Banners had worked together to this single goal over the course of the last three days. In defending this ceremony, Gariann, the Nyame of the South, sacrificed herself as well as her Neches’re to protect the ruins of the World Forge from the Laird Emeline.
- The Archon of Thorns, Karl Weber, had died a hero the day before defending his homeland against Shey ksun Aret, thwarting the plans of the Sceptic.
- The final Primordial Sceptic Exar Charon sent a message to fulfill his agreement with the Banner Council to support the settlers in the destruction of the Mirrorworld and it’s Forsaken heart. He was also invited by the rulers of Mythodea to a meeting as well as the execution of his sentence. So far, however, it has not yet appeared…
Archon Karl Weber sacrifices for the Realm of Roses.
All information without guarantee. Corrections will be made where necessary in the coming days.
[Anmerkung: Die deutsche Version dieses Beitrages ist hier zu finden.]
Special Thanks go to Lena S. for translation.
The following text was created by players and continues to strengthen our
idea of a player driven Great Host. All participants of the „Counceil of Banners“
are players. The Great Host is led by players, not NPCs. NPCs only fulfil support
roles (like the Watch for example).
Attention, please! Before we start, we explain a few terms…
The next campaign against the Primordial Sceptics in the Mirror World is approaching. During the last campaign, several alterations, resulting from the development of the game events, were tested and as a result found generally good and expandable.
In many discussions (InGame as well as OutGame), ideas for improvement suggested to us got talked through and we attempted to include some of them in the structure for the upcoming Conquest.
So what do these structures look like that await you this year? To explain it all would go beyond the scope of this article, but at least the most basic structures can be named. They are the pillars carrying the success of a war campaign and are filled with life by you:
The Host (the brave fighters)
The messengers and scouts (the swift feet)
The collectors of knowledge and the scholars (the sagacious minds)
The baggage (the perfectly equipped provisioners)
The Council of Banners (the sapient leaders)
We did not really invent these structures recently. However, they were adjusted to fit the play and the new setting with its specifications. This came from all of us, the players of Mythodea. Everyone is welcome to help develop these structures, to participate in their further alteration, to work their way up the ranks and to become „important“ themselves (whatever that might mean to the indivudal). Be it as a mentor, a messenger or as a banner leader – be a part of it, because in the end, you are all important!
Different terms and symbols belong to some of these basic structures which were introduced during the last campaign and which are not only kept for this year but are also partially refined and extended. We do not want to smother you, our co-players, with these improvements as soon as the convention begins, but instead we’d like to inform you in advance and thus prepare you. Therefore, we will explain the most important points briefly in a non-alphabetical but topically sorted glossary below. If you wish for a general overview over the setting itself and the world that awaits us, please refer to the official website for information.
We hope you are just as excited for the Conquest 2016 as we are.
We are looking forward to playing with you,
the players of the Council of Banners
The campaign of the Mythodean fighters is split in five big camps (= Banners). They are called “Unity Banner”, “Adamant Banner”, “Freedom Banner”, “Explorer’s Banner” and “Retinue Banner” (an explanation about the game philosophy of each banner can be found here).
Inside the → Banners, there are different quarters which are mostly independently organised. Here, fighters encamp together, some because they all belong to one seal territory, some because they feel a special connection to a certain element and some because they are united by something else entirely.
War Council (“Kriegsrat”):
The War Council holds a meeting during the convent of the elements (Jenseits der Siegel – Beyond the Seals). It decides about the goals of the upcoming war campaign and appoints the → Banner Leaders who lead the campaign in their name. The Sovereign Council of Mythodea (i.e. Archons and Nyames or respectively their delegates) decides who is in a position to claim a seat in this war council. Currently, it does not only consist of representatives of each seal territory but also of spokespersons of bigger groupings that play an essential part on the continent or during the campaign (such as, for example, the Elemental Nations or the Seafarer’s Guild).
Council of Banners (“Bannerrat”):
The → Banner Leaders meet in form of the Council of Banners during the campaign and make necessary decisions for the whole campaign. A representative of the Ouai functions as their consultant.
Symbol: symbol of the Council of Banners which consists of a crossed sword (= power) and key (= responsibility) in the middle of a pentagon.
This bunting identifies the five Banner Leaders.
Banner Leaders (“Bannerführer”):
A Banner Leader presides over the whole → Banner and is authorised to make decisions on military concerns as well as civil concerns. He represents his own banner in the → Council of Banners.
Symbol: symbol of the Council of Banners in gold/ green with adorned edges
The following Banner Leaders have been appointed for the upcoming campaign:
- Adamant Banner: Mandred Snorrson
- Unity Banner: Leonora vom Roten Moor
- Banner of Freedom: Sturmhart Eisenkeil
- Explorer’s Banner: Sariel van Turen
- Retinue Banner: Osmond von Bar
Host Leaders (“Heerführer”):
The Host Leaders each lead the warriors of one or more → quarters within a → banner (or even across the banners if the situation in a fight should make this necessary). They are the military representatives of the → Council of Banners on the battlefield.
Symbol: symbol of the Council of Banners in white/ green
A consul is, compared to a → Host Leader, the “helping hand” of the → Banner Leader. He, however, deals with the civil affairs of the campaign and is, among other things, responsible for the flow of information between the → Council of Banners/ Banner Leader and the members of the campaign.
Symbol: symbol of the Council of Banners in white/ blue
Symbols of the Council of Banners (left side: Host Leader, right side: Consul)
The Watch (“Heereswacht”):
The Watch has been entrusted with the protection of the baggage and the internal security by the → War Council for the duration of the summer campaign. It represents a neutral party between the different → Banners and groups. It also deals with police tasks, provided that each Banner gives its permission.
Also, the → Pigeonry of the host messengers can be found here, amongst other things.
Host Messenger (“Heeresbote”):
A messenger who is registered with the → Pigeonry and its messenger representatives and who carries a bunting of the host messengers. The host messengers work together across all banners for the collective good of the whole campaign. A host messenger may additionally be a member of another messenger system within any → Quarter or → Banner.
Symbol: white/ red, a scroll (“rolling pin”) on a shield with a sword crossed behind it
The pigeonry is a central point for the exchange of messages with importance for the war campaign. It is situated near →the Watch in → the Retinue Banner.
Messenger Station („Botenstation“):
In each → Banner, there is a central contact point for the host messengers to meet up and from where the most important news get spread or delivered to the → Pigeonry.
Messenger Spokesperson („Botensprecher“):
In each → Banner, there are two messenger spokespersons who coordinate the → Host Messengers of their banner.
Messenger Council („Botenrat“):
The → Messenger Spokespersons and the messenger mistress of → The Watch meet up daily in order to discuss important concerns of the host messengers.
„It’s as hectic here as if it was a pigeonry…“ (above: symbol of the host messengers)
Forage generally means all kinds of supplies and materials that an army carries – in our case, this means material for our campaign into the Mirror World. In order to be able to play with these resources without wasting actually valuable things such as provisions, especially designated bags filled with meritless filling are used as a substitute and therefore function as game items.
A more detailed description of playing with the forage as well as the necessary preparations can be accessed in two blog entries about this topic (only german: part 1 and part 2).
Retinue Depot („Trossmeisterei“):
The retinue depot is the centre of supplies (→ Forage). Among other things, it distributes the sealed forage bags to parts of the host when presented with delivery orders and also retracts the devaluated bags.
Einsortiert unter:Das ConQuest