The residence of the Lord Protector

• Victor would look at Dagger suprised and annoyed with his opinion tapping his foot against the ground. Victor would then pick up a goblet of wine from a table looking into the flames of the firepit before speaking thoughtfully. "Right.. Well.. Vitus is a great name. Carries a sort of element of adventure. Wilhelm is such a pompous name. He'd be sure to grow up to be an arrogant prick. He needs to learn that power and wealth is achieved through blood, sweat and tears."

Victor would then turn to Dagger again looking him in the eyes the brown eyes of Protector piercing. "We have a name for the girl, Victoria." Victor would nod at Dagger turning towards Lady Eva. "Yes, shouldn't the child take the surname of the strongest family Eva? Hmm? I don't know that the De'Andre family is as powerful in Mitraspera as the Kettles? Besides didn't you throw all that away when you joined the Order of the Black Sun?" Victor would look up into Eva's eyes, without smilling, without being cocky, but instead being dead serious.

Victor T. Kettle | Protector of Lunorth | First son of William R. Kettle and rightful heir to the Kettle fortune. | Templar of Ignis | Faithful Servant of the Elements | OT: Patrick Spangsberg

• Evas answers in a low and cold voice…”it may be true, that my name is lesser known, but my family is a long unbroken family line ... whitout bastards and that kind of ... well ... a child of mine will whatever else I do or say .. probably choose a different name than what I have given ... the blood runs hot in my family. BUT .. I will not in any way find myself being disregarded simply because you have a stupid idea of what is right in terms of names. And no ... I haven't disclosed my name ..... only my estate and holdings. ”

Grand Inquisitor in Lunorth, Lady Eva De´Andre.

First Lady of Lunorth

Member of The Order of The Black Sun, located in Arden Lanceam

• Dagger realized that instead of helping to settle a dispute for both parties he simply seemed to have stoked the fires of conflict further.

“Well, what do I know? I have been called Dagger for as long as I can remember. When I was still a whelp the joke when that “they call me Dagger because it is too short to be a sword.” I of course protest that but there it is.” The Ambassador hoped that this time his words were a bit more diffusing.

• Realene presses her lips together, for a moment, the urge to join and give her own opinion is hard to ignore. Her past experiences though expressing her opinion without consent make her hesitant, especially since both of these new strangers were Ignis followers it seemed. Not a good idea. She folds her hands in front of her trying to behave and keep her mouth from getting ahead of her.

• Victor would stare at Eva for a long moment not wavering or blinking before turning to Dagger with a cheerful smile and give a short laugh. "That is actually very funny Dagger."

Victor would gather his han in clap before gesturing towards the sofas and leaning chairs surrounding a coffee table next to the fireplace.

"Now that we are done with the pleasantries. Please have a seat. Make yourself feel at home. Would you like something to drink?" Victor would then reach for a bell standing on one of the small tables only to see the elder steward walk into the room. "Oh Tiberius, excellent intuition. Please bring me some port, some refreshments and what ever our guests desire." Victor would then quickly look at Eva before turning back to the steward. "Oh and some milk-. No.. Some blackberry juice for her Ladyship." Victor would then gesture the steward to leave them.

The elder steward would nod at the request before raising a hand to to indicate he wishes to speak. "Excuse me your lordship, but there is a message for the Ambassador." The steward would turn toward dagger before regarding him. "Mr. Djako wishes to inform you that he has arrived at the Running Couldron."

Victor T. Kettle | Protector of Lunorth | First son of William R. Kettle and rightful heir to the Kettle fortune. | Templar of Ignis | Faithful Servant of the Elements | OT: Patrick Spangsberg

• Dagger smiles, "something warm. Hot mead if you have it. Tea if you don't."

That old soldier accepts the offer of a seat and finds himself a place in one of the chairs leaving room for Rae. When that announcement of Djako's arrival is presented, Dagger raises his brow and curls his lip in slight surprise. "Djako recently arrived in Mythodea. He traveled here on behalf of his family from Blackwood to try and build his family's name here as part of the East Blackwood Company. If you would not mind, I would like it if he were allowed to be present, time permitting, to allow him the chance to get to know our friends and business partners."

• Raelene at first motions toward the place to sit, but pauses and turns back to Eva. She stops glancing at the rather pregnant woman looking only at the men for a moment before stopping. Maybe it’s a bit of her own pride... and perhaps a bit of her own suspicion.

She takes a deep breath and lifts her skirts, and walks toward Eva and bows. “Your Ladyship,” she starts, a bit hesitant, “Since My Mistress is not here to say these words herself, I pray you will accept them from one whom she regards like a sister to her.” She glances up, “Many blessings for she who knows the miracle of life, for she brings hope and light. For all that you have given up, may you know the gratitude and love for a future that you give a people now.”

Realene slowly rises back up, hopeful that she has not spooked the pregnant woman.

• Eva smiles calmly at the Reales. "I thank you and forgive my outburst before ... sometimes it is extremely frustrating to be pregnant when you usually are in front with armor, sword in hand and Ignis in my Heart” "

Grand Inquisitor in Lunorth, Lady Eva De´Andre.

First Lady of Lunorth

Member of The Order of The Black Sun, located in Arden Lanceam

• Victor would down the rest of his wine from his goblet rather quickly before taking place in a broad sofa while nodding at Dagger. "Oh sure, please invite him to join us." Victor would then adjust himself a bit before looking up at Dagger with a smile. "Oh Dagger it is good to see you. We both still have your Coin of the Realm and treasure it greatly. It was indeed a fine and meaningful wedding gift.. So now, tell me. How are you doing?" Victor would fiddle allitle around with his silver signet resembling a dragon.

• Dagger smiles happily but he does notice the symbol on the ring. He peals his eyes gingerly away from it before answering Victor's question. "There is much stress but otherwise well. The Embassy has come a long way and is establishing itself. The East Blackwood Company has started to make a name for itself as well but we would like to work our dealings into something more permanent. On top of that we are doing what we can to recruit and train our Embassy Guard. Well, I do a lot of the training of them myself when there is time but I find it hard to make time... I hope they fare well this season. When we leave Lunorth we will head to the Western Seal and then onto the Hohld to fight the Undead Flesh. The guard can cut their teeth on that...How about you two? It seems as though I missed a lot in the months that have passed."

• Realene sits while both men are talking, putting her hands in her lap and holding the small charm of sea glass under the cuff of her sleeve between two fingers. She stays close to Eva.

“My Mistress for most of her life has used arcane magic, but since coming to these shores she has lost it, she’s even said that upon her return home she has not been able to be intouch with her abilities like she once was. So... she has picked up the sword. For her it is the biggest adjustment of all to loose her impulses, and to join in the fight instead of rushing to heal and care for the injured.”

• Victor would listen closely to Dagger leaning back in the sofa comfortably. "I see, well I am happy to hear that the Blackwood Company is doing well and I am sure a great deal of the credit for that goes to you Dagger." Victor would nod at Dagger in recognition. "Ah I see, well give those unholy bone bags a good thrashing on my behalf." Victor would laugh cheerfully while forming a fist in a playful manner.

"Here? Well aside from the pregnancy, the whole deal with the Doctor, we also have some trouble in Copperdale regarding some underground creatures that we'll hopefully resolve. Though the last couple of months I've been overseeing the construction of the new headquarters of the Dragon Legion, which is going to be a regiment of Elite Troops that we've begun recruiting for... Ah yes and your letter of course. It was quite lovely. I must commend your scribe, quite the calligrapher."

• Dagger smiles at the compliments especially the one about the scribe. “The letter was penned by the East Blackwood Company merchant who you just sent for to have join us. I am sure he will take the praise well. As for the East Blackwood Company doing well, not as much as I would like. We may be known but we are searching for more fixed incomes. It is my understanding that Lunorth has some sort of trade alliance. Previously I suggested a contract in a logistical direction but as a system is already in place and the belief remains that we would be more expensive than what already here is, we could perhaps talk about other options?

“As we wrote in the letter, we are interested in having a more fixed contract with Lunorth concerning trade and we could naturally talk with the leaders of the system you already have in place for Lunorth’s river transport for other possibilities. With your permission of course.”

• Victor listens to Dagger closely smilling before noticing two servants to comming into the room. One holding a platter with fruit and cheese and the second with four goblets along with two flagons one containing port and the second containing blackberry juice. The servants would place the food and drinks onto the small table before them before leaving bowing slightly in respect.

"Ah I see, well I am looking forward to compelemting him myself then.. About this whole fixed income, that is understandable. You could speak with some of the different people, but ultimately the decision lies with me. So do tell me what do you have in mind for out river transport? As of now we have one of if not the biggest inland fleet of the North." Victor would smile confidently at Dagger before reaching toward the flagon with the port before filling three goblets sliding two of them towards Dagger and Realene. Victor would then fill the last goblet with juice sliding it towards Eva before taking his own goblet sipping from it.

• Dagger takes the drink offered and raises it to the couple in a brief salute before drinking from it. "Our primary concern is acquiring a formal contract to trade Lunorth's resources on their behalf. As of right now we have only been working on commission and this sort of work is not sustainable. As far as the river trade goes, if you agree to a contract in this manner with the East Blackwood Company, the E.B.Co could also take over the transportation of those resources once we have made trades on Lunorth's behalf. This would be preferred as we would be able to insure delivery is completed after we make the trade. It would keep the process in our capable hands."

• Victor listens seemingly not all too convinced furrowing his brows at the proposal. "Hmm.. Yess I can see how you would like to do that. I just do see any profit for us. We are doing well on our own. Not to say we don't want you to trade on our behalf, but if you wish to get a commision, then you'll have to make sure we get a fair deal and then you can take the profit as your "commsion"." Victor would take a few grapes of the tray quickly eating them before looking back to Dagger. "Regarding the trade by fleet, what you are proposing is frankly handing over our entire trade fleet into your, no doubt capable hands... That is quite a vote of confidence. I'd be much more open to let you captain some of our ships." Victor becomes silent for a moment before raising an eybebrow as if struck by an ideer. "You could allways try and become Admiral of the Trade Fleet."

• Dagger makes no attempt to eat, his mind is on other matters. "As of yet the East Blackwood Company has worked at nearly no price to your Protectorate. We have traded and marketed goods produced and raised in Lunorth on Lunorth's behalf and received perhaps a few copper coins in compensation for money spent on your behalf which had come out of the Company's coffers... I am proposing our relationship continue but that we earn our share doing so. The suggestion of having us trade for profit is grand if in fact the goods being traded are desirable in regions outside of where they are produced. Although I like them very much, no one wants mountable war lizards." Dagger smiles warmly at the idea. "We still take your certificates to the trade conferences. We still work on relationships with potential buyers. We still make connections and attempt to sell products Lunorth produces to even the not-so-willing. We market the value of your goods as best we can in the time permitted in the limited circumstances we are set with. And we have made trades yet we were not compensated."

Dagger takes a sip of the drink before him before continuing. "As I am sure you well know, much of Mythodea looks at the North with distaste." The Ambassador raises his hand in caution. "The culture of the North combined with its," Dagger searches his mind carefully for proper wording, "leadership of strength does not always blend well outside of its borders. We offer a neutral avenue in which to insure the ever increasing prosperity of Lunorth. We offer our consultation, mediation and facilitation in matters of trade but our offer has a price. We are, indeed, a trading company after all."

At this point in the conversation, the Ambassador offers a sure grim but but one without edge or an overly inflated sense of self. "Our suggestion to take over the logistics of the trades we do on your behalf is not an attempt to buy up your existing infrastructure but rather be those responsible for the making of the deals and the transportation of goods once the deals have been made on Lunorth's behalf. How we transport, and insure the transportation, goods could change depending on the circumstances. We could provide our own ships. We could subcontract to other guilds. We could place our agents with the captains of your vessels to insure timely and successful transportation of Lunorthy goods in an effort to insure those receiving trade agreements have faith in our ability to deliver on promises given at the point of the deal... Of course we would not say no if you wanted to give us your trade fleet." Dagger smiles at his joke but beyond that returns to the more serious matter at hand.

"Before the East Blackwood Company started making deals with other Seals and other Companies this past year, how did Lunorth turn its profits outside of the North? Is there perhaps another competitor we should be worried about undercutting to insure your pleasure?" The Ambassador inclines his head at the Protector pair in respect.