Getting to know the locals: The Running Cauldren

• It seems like a busy day at the Running Cauldren the inn filled with all manner of people everything from traders, gamblers, soldiers and numerous Kettle boys. The inn would seem rather worn out with dark wooden floors, chairs and tables. The second floor of the two story inn would seem to be private quarters of the kettles as well as guest quarters.

Victor T. Kettle | Protector of Lunorth | First son of William R. Kettle and rightful heir to the Kettle fortune. | Templar of Ignis | Faithful Servant of the Elements | OT: Patrick Spangsberg

• Ambassador Dagger, dressed in his soldierly quartered green and blue surcoat and armed with arming sword and war pick, entered the Running Cauldren with a casual smile on his face. The old soldier now diplomat and merchant walked with relaxed purpose though to the trained eye, one could tell he favored his left leg slightly. Though he wore few scars, underneath his skin bore a differenct story. It was a story that Dagger did his best to set aside as he focused on other tasks.

„This place reminds me of the tavern the Kettles had during the Summer Campaign last year. Your sister and I were there for the wedding reception of the Protector Victor and his new wife.“ The Ambassador’s words were simply intended on being informative for Raelene, but one who knew him could tell that he was simply enjoying where he was in that moment.

• Af few of the people would turn their attention to the two newcomers, but would quickly return back to their own business. Behind the large counter would be a large bald man with a thick spruce mustache. He'd be standing there cleaning mugs with a cloth. The sound level of the inn would be rather high as the bustling inns patrons would seemingly be enjoying themselves with everything from drinks, games and delishes food.

Suddenly the large bald man would raise up a hand gesturing the two newcomers to join him before spreading his arms in a welcoming gesture. "Welcome to the Running Cauldron, how can I be of service?"

Victor T. Kettle | Protector of Lunorth | First son of William R. Kettle and rightful heir to the Kettle fortune. | Templar of Ignis | Faithful Servant of the Elements | OT: Patrick Spangsberg

• Dagger inclines his head to the man and walks over to him. „We are looking for rooms, perhaps for the week. We are not sure how long we will be staying. Do you know where we could find the keeper?“ The ambassador, as was normal for him for about two years now, wore a cloth belt which four long hanging blue and green flaps. On each of these long and narrow flags were various sigiles. Behind him he wore the sigil of Sapphire Isle, a white flower on a blue field. On his sides he wore only the East Blackwood Embassy sigil but on his front banner he wore the sigil of Hemenshire and the symbol of Terra. What was likely most noticable to those of Lunorth was the large white sigil of Copperdale which he also wore proudly.

• The bald man nods at Dagger understandingly with a wide smile. As Dagger would come closer he'd be able to notice the bald mans red nose. The man would wear a once white apron that now fashions multiple stains of all manner of colour. He'd also wear a short sleeved shirt showing of his kettle tattoo on his bicep. "That would be me, at least for the moment anyway. Baldurs the name. Sure that will not be a problem. What brings you to Northheim anyway?"

• Baldur would nod at the two travelers gesturing them to follow as he'd begin moving towards the stairs. "Alright that is fine. It'll be one silver for the room. There are two beds inside as of now, but if your friends comes along we can get you another one for a copper piece. Other than that, please enjoy everything the inn has to offer." They'd be guided upstairs and into a rather old looking room with two beds and a small table along with two chairs. "Is there anything else I can help you with?"

• „Food, perhaps a bath too.“ Dagger fumbles with his coin pouch, annoyed by how the strings keep sticking to the worn down fabric, the job of removing coin takes longer than he would have liked. Eventually the coin is produced. „Thank you.“ Dagger enters his room but before closing the door turns to Raelene.

„I think I need your help with a letter... I need to send word to the West and ah, I am not sure how I should write it..."

• Baldur nods at Dagger looking expectingly as he produces the coin. Baldur would quickly put it away before smilling broadly. "Very good sir, I'll open a tab for you. One of the girls will bring you some food and call you once the bath is ready. Please enjoy your stay in Northheim." Baldur would then quickly dissapear downstairs.

• Realene looks at the room, and puts her bag down on the bed that’s farthest from the door. She overhears Dagger mention a letter to the West, and sits on the edge of the bed. “Are we really so short on coin that we have to share a room? Thought after that night you would have preferred to have a room to yourself much rather than share one with anyone ever again.” Her voice is lighter, signaling that she is not being heavily critical of the situation as she normally would. She opens her bag and starts looking for her bottle of ink, paper, and a quill to write with.

• „I will try and get a second room later but if not, this will have to make do. Besides, you are the one who keeps track of our coin.“ Dagge rmochingly winks to the woman from Sapphire Isle. „When you are cleaned up and dinner is hear, I would like to talk about our business here and of course about a letter to the West.“

The Ambassador also unpacks his things having the rest of his affects brought up to him from the hourses in the stables. Dagger was not sure how long they would be in Lunorth so he had made sure to bring extra clothing and his writing chest. Later after cleaning up himself and waiting until Realene was finished, Dagger sat down to eat with his assistant.

„So, buisness and diplomacy. We are here to speak with the Protector Victor. I think you could think of his as someone like the Margrave Balor but here in the north the leaders of fiefdoms are not always noble. Lunorth also has a lot more people than Zweiwasser but I do not think its protector has as strong a political position as Balor does. Still, he commands a lot of resources and has a large impact on trade. So far we have traded the resources of Lunorth in their name and Pan Mythodean Trading Summits. I had a scribe write the Victor a month or so ago to express my intent. Now, we have, I think, compatition up here. There is some sort of trade alliance that has seemingly blocked some of our possibilities up here. River trade as an example.“

Dagger stops to take a bit of food.

• After a few moments a soft knock could be heard on the door before it would be opened and a young very slim girl would peak into the room. "Please do excuse me sir, but there there are three soldiers downstairs who to speak with you, also your bath is ready sir." She then quickly disappeared downstairs.

• The soldiers in full plate armour and the silgil of Lunorth on their chest would stand at the bottom of the stairs. As Dagger would come down the stairs one of them would salute Dagger with a fist to his chest before speaking. "You have been officially invited to stay at residence of the Lord Protector for the duration of your stay here in Northheim. We were informed you had a companion with you. You may bring her as well."

• Realene catches Dagger’s dark look, and hisses a whisper as she follows him down, “Oh, don’t you even try. It’s a perfectly normal reaction to be concerned that armored guards are being sent to arrest someone, if it was peaceful then why not send a messnager instead?”

She stops talking as they approach the guards and they are within earshot, and listening to them she presses her lips, her shoulders tense until she finally relaxes after the message is received.

Raelene breathes a little more easily after bowing her head to the guards.

• "Very well." The soldier would say before saluting and then leaving the inn along with the other soldiers. The young slim woman would walk up to Dagger softly. "Your bath sir. It is ready." She'd then gesture the way to the bathing hall.

• Dagger enjoys the bath but only after Raelene. During the time that she is bathing, Dagger enjoys a drink while writing a letter down in the main hall of the tavern. When the letter is complete he seals it with the seal of the Embassy. Once finished, the ambassador makes his way upstairs to bathe himself. Before entering the room, however, Dagger knocks. „are you done? Can I come in?"