[In-Time] Out with the old

• when: a short time after the summer campaign

Where: headmasters office in Academia Unitate

Who: anyone

Niels stood in the room, admiring the collections he had gathered over the years. Jars of all sorts, and with all kinds of creatures and body parts, filled every inch of his office. Someone knocked on the door.

"Come in" he said, and into the room came Igor, a fairly large man with a crooked smile.

"Hopkins venter på at komme ind"

Igor hardly ever spoke anything but his mother's tongue.

"Send him in" replied Niels. And into the room came Hopkins T. Kettle, the head of the Battlemage section of the academy.

"My dear Hopkins. I've summoned you because I have to retire. There have been some unfortunate events of which I seem to be the center, and I therefore wants you to be the new headmaster of the academy. What do you say to that, boy?"

The hard stare from the doctor devided the room and fixed Hopkins where he stood

• Hopkins stood still in his robe and top hat in hand.

"I don't know what to say Doc."

He looked around in the office, one of the jars with some grey ash caught his attention. The jar was labeled - Nox. Remember to give blood and plenty of moonlight. -

"Thanks."

And the it seamed like a lot of quistions started to dawn on him.

"Do this mean I get a raise? Wait do this mean I have to stand accountable for all the stuff the students and teachers are doing?"

He paused a bit and then continued before Niels could answer

"Can I move into this office? Or would I have to keep a room for you? I mean you are always more than welcome to as a guest teacher, its hard to find somebody better skilled in autonomy, headology and convincing people that they are put back together than you..."

Hopkins suddenly stopped talking looking at Doc and Igor, like one do when they suddenly realise that they have been going on a tangent.

"Hmm... I mean, I would be honoured. But what would you do?"

IT: Hopkins Tobias with the former lastname Kettle. Battlemage, artificer and Headmaster of Academia Unitate.

"We are the small voices. Together we roar."
    OT: Martin Straarup

Host of LARP web-show LarpForge www.youtube.com/lazylarper

ConQuest Fire camp 11/12/13 | ConQuest Viribus Unitis 14/15/17/19 | JDS Norden 17/18 | Lunorth Tournament 16 |Copperdale - tale of Mythodea 18/18/19/19 | Summer Solstices 20/21 |Winter Solstices 20 | I Skoven Dybe Still Ro 20

Member of Mythodea Danmark

• Niels didn't smile, in a dissatisfied voice he said:

"Of course I'm welcome, just who do you think you are?!"

Then he collected himself and said in a friendlier voice

"As for a raise there is non. The position is pro-Bono. However this office will be yours."

There were silence for a moment and Niels continued

"I don't know, yet, what my future holds, but I'm sure the academy will be better of not having me as its headmaster while I find out"

He then gave Hopkins a glare

"So you'll take the position?"

• Hopkins was standing a little befuddled before he answered

"Sure... I mean yes. I will take the position." he said "Its not like I have any other choice" He added with a low mumbling.

He slowly began to move around the room and then took an extra look at Doc.

"Do you need help to pack your bags?"

IT: Hopkins Tobias with the former lastname Kettle. Battlemage, artificer and Headmaster of Academia Unitate.

ConQuest Fire camp 11/12/13 | ConQuest Viribus Unitis 14/15/17/19 | JDS Norden 17/18 | Lunorth Tournament 16 |Copperdale - tale of Mythodea 18/18/19/19 | Summer Solstices 20/21 |Winter Solstices 20 | I Skoven Dybe Still Ro 20

• "No"

He walked towards Hopkins and placed a hand on his shoulder

"No matter what you might think I am happy that you will be the one taking this position after me"

His smile was a sad one

"Even though you know the place from your days as the janitor I was thinking whether we should take a look at the school, in case you have questions?"

• Smiling but, looking a little sad

"yes, lets take a walk. Lead on doctor."

Hopkins held out the arm and opened the door

"Wait what about that black dagger... Do that follow the headmaster position?"

• "thank you for reminding me. Yes, yes it does"

He took the dagger and its scabbard from his belt, hesitated and then gave it to Hopkins.

"Keep it safe, in it is all those who came before you. Have it with you always"

His face was serious and his voice low.

They walked out into the hallway and from there into the medical hall.

The large medical hall was lit with small candles, on in front of each bed. Each bed been separated by a white cloth for privacy.

A couple of students and teachers walked around nursing the patients. But as the two men entered the room the already low whisper vanished completely

• Hopkins looked quiet weird at the dagger, almost like somebody was whispering to him.
    He then shook his head and put dagger in his belt, to follow the doctor.

In the medical hall, they began to walk between the beds looking at the healers/doctors work on the patients, which all seamed to be a big mix of people and races. Many seamed to have injuries that you would get in a street fight or brawl, like brushes, broken bones and smaller cuts. While others where more serious injuries.
    As one student carrying a mob and a bucket, with something that looked like clean up blood Hopkins said loud to himself.

"I wonder where that vampire is... I am guessing she is encharge of the medical faculty now."

• At the far end of the hall was a table filled with piles of books and scrolls. Behind the books and somewhat hidden in the shadows sat a pale looking figure, writing, searching through large textbooks and writing some more. She didn't notice the silence that fell over the room als Hopkins and Niels entered the hall, too focused on her studies.

Her concentration broke when she heared the word vampire, looking up she recognized Hopkins not far from where she was working and smiled, he did not see her yet. As quiet as she could manage she put down her quill and got up trying to sneak up from behind. I'm right here, she whispered, and smiled when Hopkins turned around.

• It looks that way, yes.

Scylla smiled, looking around the hall once more.

We got the usual bar fighting, a few bigger injuries, but the staff has been doing an excellent job, and I had time to work on my studies and to prepare for future lessons.

What brings you here? Is there anything I can do for you?

• Hopkins , which had jumped and made a small scream when Scylla popped up behind him, put his hat back in the right place and tried to smile (while not starring to much)

"Yes... yes, I will be the new headmaster. "

He nodded nervously, not taking his eyes of Scylla.

"Like Nils said everything seams to be in order.... By any chance have you had your liquid lunch for today?"

• Amused at Hopkins reaction Scylla could not hide the smile. Even after knowing each other for a year he was still nervous in her presence.

I did not, have been really busy with my studies, but thanks for offering.

Scylla smiled again, knowing it would make Hopkins cringe.

Oh don't look so scared, you know I always ask for volunteers, and I was going to send Igor to find me someone later....

• Hopkins swallowed nervously.

"Well... good... I mean not good, we can't have a hungry vampire walking around."

Hopkins turn to Niels, without taking his eyes of Scylla

"Shall we continue? I think there is not much more to see here."

• Hopkins answered
    "What about the green houses or the class room for dimensional travel"

• Niels looked thoughtful for a moment, then replied

"Well, the classrooms used for lecture on interdimensions haven't been in use or cleaned for that matter"

He gave Hopkins an accusing glare

"But the green houses are marvelous at this time of year, besides, your wife should be there, taking care of some of the more delicate beings"

• "The green houses it is then"

Hopkins nodding at Scylla, trying not to look scared and starts moving out of the room, trying not to hurry.