visitor from Shalzad

• when: spring, after Chroniken of Mythodea, starting at dawn
    who: whoever likes
    where: surface, the road from Paolos Trutz to Edonil (later in Edonil)

Sik, the young Drow did not forget Ryzzil's invitation to visit Drada d'issan after the mission in the south. She was very curious. How will the envirronnement under the Surface of Edonil look like? Is it a good place to live? Soon, she will know this.

It was early in the Morning. Slowly, the sky turned grey and the first birds started to sing. Sik still felt a little bit uncomfortable in the light of the day. For the journey from Paolos Trutz to Edonil, Sik choosed to ride a horse. This animal whas a little bit faster than a saurian (lizard) and more suitable for traveling on the surface, which was much safer than traveling alone through the underdark. It was a black one. In the darkness, they were not easy to discover, except by the sound of the horse's hoof, that breaked through the silence with a monotone clack. Sik sat on the horse and her eyes followed the water of the north-kanal on the left side on the road. She was bored, sleepy, but attentive. Faraway, Sik could vaguely see the first structures of edonil.

• As she was sleepy she first didn't notice the ilythiiri on the side of the road.
    He was a soldier and Sik could reconize the coat of arms of Drada D'Issan.
    With a gentle voice he said to Sik approaching:
    Vendui malla Ilythiiri. What bring you in Edonil?

Jabbuk del Qu&#39;ellar Jaelre wun Mythodea<br />Protektor von Drada D&#39;Issan<br /><br />Natha sel kestal whol jal Ilythiiri...

• Taster was hidden behind a barril at the entrace gates of Edonil. He was hidding from the others, cause everbody always bother him about his clothes, smell and attitudes. He waits since a week, the return of the Jaelre from the south. He was pretty worried... If the master doesn't come back, waht will he do? He would be pretty alone and nobody would ever protect him from all the others...

He bite in his ognion...

"Taster is hungry... Taster want to see the banner... Taster can't wait more... Master miss... Illithiri miss too"

He bite again, and loudly snort a piece of mocks.

Nothing in the plain... juste winds... but suddenly, somthing appear! Taster wake up quickly! He jumps on the barril to see better what comes to him. His sight was pretty increased by all the mixtures he tried with the master, so Taster was able to see quickly that it was an Illithiri!

"Yes! Yes! Here are they! It's may be Gwo, i dont like him, but he's the runner!"

But after a moment, Taster begin to doubt... It seems that this Illithiri was alone, alone on a horse. And taster don't know his... or... her... seems to be... face. She don't wear the banner of Drada D'Issan too... But after a moment, it seems somebody was with her... Taster was not sure...

Taster juste sit at the entrace and will see waht she will do. If she try to enter the city, and if the guards let her enter, Taster will follow her.

"The master will be proud of me, and i'll receive much more things to eat, smell and drink! Oh yes!"

He sat and make like it was nothing... while trying to keep an eye on the unknown that approach.

&quot;Candy is full of taste. But so is shit, because taste is full of smell.&quot;<br />_________________________________________<br /><br />Taster, Stooge of Kay&#39;Zhuanth Jaelre

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Taster ()

• Sik suddenly was wide awake when she heared the gentle voice beside her. The sudden appearance of the soldier surprised her, she drawed in the reins of the horse which shrinked away. After a few seconds, horse and rider managed to calm down. "Vendui malla Sargtlin. My Name is Sik. I live in Shalzad since a few month. I met Ryzzil, Gwo and the others in the South and after having exchanged a few words with them, i decidet that Edonil is worth to have a look at it. Never been here. Don't let me disturb you, I am just a kind of tourist. I am interested in the People, the plants, the landscape, you know.." The young Drow showed a grin that made her look really innocent. "and who are you?"

• Be welcome Sik from Shalzad.
    *He pronounced the last word grimacing*
    I'm Dantrag Jaelre, sargtlin of Drada D'Issan.
    You are not disturbing me...

*looking at Sik and then at the sky*
    My night watch is coming to its end.
    Perhaps you will need somebody to show you the city?

Dantrag knew that all drows have to be treated as well as possible.
    He wanted to take this opportunity to make himself knowned, perhaps he could have some other duties than the boring night watch...

Jabbuk del Qu&#39;ellar Jaelre wun Mythodea<br />Protektor von Drada D&#39;Issan<br /><br />Natha sel kestal whol jal Ilythiiri...

• "Yes, I would love to get a guidet tour through edonil. Is it true that you are living side by side with the Dathiiri? Hard to believe for me, strange idea, absurd!" Sik kept herself under control so she didn't lough out loud. "Mayoe, I can buy a bow and Arrow of good qualitiy there. Something that are the dathiiri useful for. The bow and arrow from the market place in Paolos trutz did not persuade me, of course. As most of the Rivvin-made stuff." Yes, sometimes Sik was a kind of windbag (excessive talker). She obvisiouly enjoyed to be in company with someone in addition to her boring horse. Nevertheless, she did not seem to really care about if the Sargtlin was listening to her attentively or not. "So, your night watch was without happening? My journey was calm, too. Not even robber neither wolves here. Seems like this is a peaceful place. No opportunity to train my fighting skills. " She made a short pause, before she continued: "If we reach Edonil, first I need a place where I can get rid of this zaphodiop (horse). I mean a stall. After this we can make a tour through Edonil on foot. I am especially interested in the parts of the city that is under the surface." She glanced briefly at Dantrag. Than she patted the horses neck an sneered as a cloud of street-dust came throughout the fur.

• Dantrag walked in direction of the city gates, listening to his sister.
    He guessed as she keep talking that she must be a shebali...

As they arrived to the gate, two human warriors bowed to Dantrag.
    They were wearing black leather armors and a red scarf around their heads.
    Dantrag stopped to them and said:
    Vendui. ma garde se termine, la nuit a été trop calme.
    J'emmène notre hôte en ville.

The two guards bowed to Sik as the ilythiiris walked in front of them.

• When Taster see the two Ilythiri are coming to the gate, he just jumps quickly behind the baril. He just want to hide him from those two. He perfectly knows that Dantrag will kick him if see him here. He just go down, shut is mouth and try to make no noise, being the most discret he could be. He will follow them, trying to listen and see where they will go.

&quot;Candy is full of taste. But so is shit, because taste is full of smell.&quot;<br />_________________________________________<br /><br />Taster, Stooge of Kay&#39;Zhuanth Jaelre

• Sik felt very comfortable being treated with such politeness. She bowing humans and guards remindet her about the luxurious times she had in Arach Suliss in former times. She gave her best to ignore her sudden fit of homesickness. She continued talking sarcastically: "First Note: remarkable difference between Shalzad and Edonil - compared to the manners in Shalzad, which welcomed me by shooting a bolt in my waist, the welcome-manners in Edonil are much more..let's say subtle." Sik nodded with satisfaction, not only to comment on her own sentences with this gesture but also to greet the strangers. Than she heared Dantrags words. "Hm. Strong dialect. It is not without reason that I spent much time in the library, studying a lot of languages." Suddenly Sik sneered as her fine nose detected the smell of ognion that came from Taster. Her red eyes scanned the environment but could not identify the source of this disgusting smell, she could see no depot of rubbish. So Sik conutinued to focus on Dantrag and the way in front of them.

• Dantrag smiled to Sik saying:
    If the welcome is subtle as you say, everybody has to prove his worth here.
    This is the only way to become respected in Drada D'Issan. Not a matter of wich qu'ellar you're from...

Dantrag watched Sik attentively to see her reaction.
    Then he stopped on a crossroad pointing his hand on the right.
    If you continue in this direction you will find horse stabbles.
    Then come to the Obok Anth... Seek for a huge mapple tree in the middle of Edonil.
    You will find me around there. And most of Ilythiiris...
    Anyway I will announce your arrival, Aluve.

He bowed to Sik as his warrior routine.

The roads of Edonil were not really large.
    Some vegetation and the way the buildings were made gave all the shadow needed for a drow to survive the day.
    In the streets they were very few drows but lots of different races.

• Dantrag did not see any reaction, for Sik did not understand what he was talking about in detail. Either Sik should be prepared for some "tests" in future or this sentence was a compliment or a request. The young drow decided to simply take things as they come. She nodded to Dantrag as if she would have understood everything. "Allright Dantrag, so I will find you within the next hour. Aluve" She made her horse hurry and reached the stabbles soon where she could get rid of the horse and make it have a rest. She left the stables an followed an narrow road in the opposite direction. Coming nearer to the middle of Edonil, she watched out for the huge tree that had been described. Meanwhile, she scanned Interestingely and carefully the envirronment with her red eyes.