[Narrated] The Deadly Marshes

• Since people again sat their foot on the land of Lunorth people have been said to disappear into the marshes to the north.

After the peat garthering has increased in the area, the marshes has been even more aggresive, and now the workers have put their attention towards Lord Troels Kettle. Ever since he was appointed the Voice of the Protector people have been hurling problems after him.

During one of his audiens with the people of Northeim, one of the spokesmen of the peaters came to speak his mind:

[hr]

"We the peaters are tired of having to move around in large groups when out in the marshes. And tired of having to fear for not only our own life, but the life of our dear ones who follow us to the peat camps."

The man talking stood in the middle of the large hall. Behind him stood a moderate group of peaters and farmers nodding in his favor. The man who was a large muscular fellow with a deep voice which everyone could clearly hear even thou he didn't yell. Even with his large posture he seemed small to the men at the end of the hall. It was these men who decided the fates of those who presented their problems and ideas for the lords. In the middle of these men sat Lord Troels Kettle.

"And we won't work one more day until something is done about the creatures in the marshes!"

The man ended his speach and his followers cheered loudly.

• Troels would sit among the different men listening to the peasant from afar in the large Hall. He would look to his people for a moment before grabbing his large blodied mace and moves with long strict steps towards the peasant. Troels would smile cunningly upon the peasant. He would wear his ussual garmant black leather boots, with a pair of black saggy trousers, a bloody and dirty leather armour that would reach all the way down to his boots. Under the armour he would have a shirt that would once have been white and on his head a large black top hat. He would look nothing like a noble, yet everything like a kettle. As Troels reaches the man he would realize that he is quite smaller than the peasant, yet he would look at him as if far supperior. Troels clears his throat spitting down next to himself before looking up at the peasant.
    I see your problem and I will solve it for you as is my duty as lord of my people. But you will continue working untill I have done so.
    Troels would nod upon the peasant and swing his bloody mace up onto his shoulder before turning around and aiming to stride back to his people.

Victor T. Kettle | Protector of Lunorth | First son of William R. Kettle and rightful heir to the Kettle fortune. | Templar of Ignis | Faithful Servant of the Elements | OT: Patrick Spangsberg

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Victor Troels Kettle ()

• Troels had only made a few steps away from the spokeman when he heard a loud and confident

"No"

The room went silent and everyone anticipated Troels reaction, but before Troels could say anything the man continued as confident as before

"If we are to continue working, gambling the lifes of our loved one in the process, we demand guards or a higher pay so that we can buy one for ourselves."

• Upon hearing the answer Troels would smirk before tightening the grip upon his bloody mace. Before speaking out loud.

"I hoped you would say so."

Troels would then turn around hesitantly and attempt to swing his large mace at the large peasants scalp hoping to knock the giant out in one strike.

Victor T. Kettle | Protector of Lunorth | First son of William R. Kettle and rightful heir to the Kettle fortune. | Templar of Ignis | Faithful Servant of the Elements | OT: Patrick Spangsberg

• Troels swung his mace but the man moved swiftly to the side grapping Troels arm so that he couldn't swing again.

"We are not here to fight, if the lords won't accept our terms then we will be of no more trouble to this country"

The man said and let go of Troels arm

"May we go in peace?"

• The hall was silent in anticipation. From behind his papers Ludvig Korbs rose.

"My Lord, if I may I believe I might have a solution which would please all parties"

Ludvigs character was crooked standing there, his posture was overbend from sitting all day with his nose in every paper he could get his hands on. He had always been a part of the ruling society in Lunorth, although always from behind the scenes. Troels had changed that for him, he was convinced that it would help if people could see the green face of the one in charge of Lunorths finances.

• Troels would look up at the giant peasant clearly unsatisfied with the result of his strike, but after a moment of intense starring Troels would smile playfully at the peasant before turning his head towards the now arisen master of coin.

"But of course my good friend, please do come with the solution."

Troels would turn his head agian to the peasent before giving him a polite nod followed by a foot towards the peasants groin only to settle the score before turning his attention back to the master of coin slowly making his way back to his people.

"So what solution are you speaking of good friend?"

• The spokeman fell to his knee after the sound of a muffled "crack" left his manhood. An fierce look where to be seen on the rest of the peasents faces, but they seemed to rethink their position after a glanse of the armored guards ready to spring to action.

A hint of pity where found on Ludvigs otherwise grim old face. He moved down to the spokesman while answering Troels:

"I suggest we allow them to be accompanied by guards, your guards to be specific. I find that we here got a upportunity to show that we care about our people, and investigate the rumours. While we are there these people will be protected"

He helped the peasent up.

"And if there truly are no danger, then there should be no need to keep guards there anyway"

He turned towards Troels and tried to send him a cheering smile. As cheering a smile an orc can give.

• Troels would look at the Orc for a moment or two before answering in a rather jolly and cheering tone.

"It's settled then. Ahh yes, it allways feels good to help the common folk."

Troels would smile at the all the gathered peasants before gesturing a few guards to follow the peasants.

"Would there be anything else?"

• From the within the crowd, an man dressed in black, comes forth.
    He looks at Troels, with a lifted brow.
    now now, play nice boy, and here what these folk have to say, so you don´t get in trouble. you are still only the voice of the protector, not the protector.

He sits down at the nearest chair, and starts drinking from a bottle, form his jacket

• The guards started to huddle the peasants together as quick as they could, but stopped instantly by the words from William, looking towards the lords in anticipation.

Ludvig gave a nod towards Lord William

"Good to see you my Lord, what is the cause for the late entrance?"

• Troels would hear his fathers voice in the distance before turning towards him.

"I was merely securing the financial flow. I believe that would be in the interest of our lord protector."

Troels would turn toward the guards gesturing them to continue their work before turning to his father once more.

"But I am happy to see you father. How was the journey?"

Troels would smile at his father rather plainly.

• Looking at Troels, while sipping from the bottle.

"Getting a riot on your hands doesn't sound like a thing that Aske(The Lord Protector), would like you to do"

Looking at the strange smile on Troels face, and with a sigh William shakes his head, then turns to look at Ludvig while still talking to Troels.

"wha...... Are you in pain?.....Never mind, you that around the marshes, were the peaters family camp, there i a-lot of Flora, right?"