• I was wondering of big is the different type of cities. Like what is the general radius of a city, or how many would live in them.

According to the maps there are five different types of cities or fortress':

Village
      City
      Castle
      Greater Fortress
      Epic Fortress

From what maps I can find I can only see that a castle would be something similar to 1.5km x 1km. And I guess that a city would have a radius of approcimately 0.5km. Are these numbers somewhat correct or is there a standard for these map indications?

• Actually there's now hard line or rule for being a village or a city. a village can also be a castle or greater fortress. the appearence on the map is defined by what charater every single village, city oder fortified city is...

The physical dimensions are usually not defined for cities or villages. Even the limits for village or city by number of people is completely variable. It's all up to the campaign game which to choose for your settlements. A city could be 1km x 1km and a castle 500m x 500m. So there's no physical rule here (as in real life). Northheim and Muspelheim are lightly fortified cities in my mind. Engelsweg for example on the other hand is a strong fortified city (please one of the seraphim may correct me in this expectation if i'm wrong).

What is displayed on the map was originally set after the definations of the first / second campaign rules which are actually not up to date any more. Nevertheless they give an idea of what a settlement is like of a character.

• Okay. So when making a map of a city which general requirements would one expect to follow.
    As an example. A Village would start of with nothing but houses. Then it becomes a city/settlement and you add a few more houses and maybe a wall. Then it becomes a Castle and you add higher defences and so on. If you ofcourse expand the city in that way. What would be expected to be found on a map of the different types if "cities"?