A Darkness so different from what we know.

• ( I am sorry if this takes a bit longer I haven't been able to practise my English the last few years.)

The mine went deep into the earth, but until recently nothing unusual had occurred. But then while working in a small Tunnel one of the Workers hit the Rock, and a hollow sound followed.
    Further investigations led into a Labyrinth of Tunnels. The Workers decided it was Time to call their Masters, this place was strange to them and they were afraid to go any further.

• A bit less than one day after the information reach Edonil, in the middle of the night a troup of twenty well equiped warriors and scouts lead by Gwo'Zothreth Jaelre arrives in silence in the mine camp.

Immediately after their arrival, Gwo signs some orders and the drows spread in the area. Once done he directly walk to the tent of the grey dwarf in charge of the tunnels and the mine.

Gwo wears some very used but practical black leather armor, two short blades and a small but resistant buckler. His masked face let the workers see his raptor's smile while he's entering the tent.

After a few minutes he's back with some maps in the hand.

In a whistle, all the troups join him in front of the entrance of the mine's tunnels.

"All right brothers, you all know the rules... 2 head scouts first then the recon squad composed of 2 scout and 2 light warriors. The rest of the others stays in pair, 2 scout to cover lateraly and verticaly the main troup, 2 scout and 2 light warriors as rearguards"

While the frist scouts enter into the tunnel, Gwo takes some long and deep breathing, enjoying this small moment of silence and calm befor the movement and the begining of an opertion.

Then he stares at the Jaellre familly master alchemist with his wide mask of leather and Ranrhir'Oyn, the Quellar'champion before saying.

"Master Kay'Zhuanth, something to add before we enter ?"

• The Alchemist wore a simple leather armour and a curved sword hung to his side. A shield was strapped to his back and the way it absorbed light rather than reflect it seemed to indicate that it had been treated with an alchemical concoction. To an unexperienced eye he might have been just a warrior, but the number of pouches on his belt showed that he was carrying many potions and alchemical components.

Keep your eyes open, we wouldn't want to miss anything important... or dangerous. I trust your keen senses and your curiosity on this... I hope you know what you're doing Gwo.The eyes of the tall Drow were shining intently under his Leather helmet.

This time. He winked at the blue-eyed Drow.

Oh, is the Duergar in charge of the earthworks coming with us? Drogan was it?

Kay&#39;Zhuanth Jaelre<br />Ust-Elg&#39;cahlir del Qu&#39;ellar Jaelre<br />(Swiss Larper &gt; Entschuldigung über das Englisch, mein Deutsch ist ziemlich schlecht)

• A large drow in heavy leather armor came near the expedition leader and the alchemist, one could see the need for action in his eyes.

I can't wait to go down the mine... Nearly a year without action, I can't bear it no more !
    Let the scouts keep their eyes open for the important and let me deal with the dangerous !

The drow was trembling in excitation, looking forward to crush some skulls with his two-handed mace

• A drow scout interrup the discussion by signing that the path to the entrance of the underdark is clear.

Gwo reply to the question of the master alchemist

"yes and I have his map and all his note onto the quality of the rocks around, let go now"

Then he enters the tunnels followed by the troups

Gwo\&#39;Zothreth Jaelre <br />-----------<br />l\&#39; tah zhah l\&#39; menvis

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Gwo ()

• (I hope it is all right if I take charge of the Duergar)
    Drogan was waiting for them, he and three others of his Kind where standing near the hole. They where discussing something and Drogan did not look happy. As soon as he saw them, he made an angry gesture and came to meet the Drow. Drogan war a veteran miner and earthworker he knew a lot about the Underdark, like the Drow he had lived there his whole live. "Bah...if ye want to go in there...go." He said: "But I tell ye it doesn't smell right. Those tunnels are strange, things growing there a lot of things...I can barely see the rocks. And the air is humid, I don't like that place."

• (it should be fine. Even if Drogan is the PC of a NPC undead capitain in JDS, he wont mind and even be proud)

The drow nodded on Drogan comment's and reply quickly

"The underdark is full of bad surprises, especialy around the water point. If there is humidity around be prepared to the worst of the worst.

However we have no choices Drogan, the orders are clear: We have to check what's in the darkness below Drada D'Issan and seek for a passage to Shalzad"

"Let-s go now and keep all your senses wide open"

• Kay's interest shone trough his eyes.

Lots of things growing you say? That sounds interesting. Who cares if you can barely see the rocks Duergar, the Underdark is not only about rocks you know...

Kay looked at the stunted grey dwarf, and then turned his attention back to Gwo.

Anyway, if even he is worried, maybe we have reasons to be too.

At those words, Kay followed Gwo in the Tunnels.

Kay&#39;Zhuanth Jaelre<br />Ust-Elg&#39;cahlir del Qu&#39;ellar Jaelre<br />(Swiss Larper &gt; Entschuldigung über das Englisch, mein Deutsch ist ziemlich schlecht)

• The Duergar scowled: "Don´t ye talk to me as if I was some half-baked stripling. I know the Underdark and I know how a body of water smells...and that's not the smell." His Eyes had an angry sparkle: "But nothing I know grows like grass one the surface. That stuff covers everything. There are more plants in these few tunnels than in all the bloody Underdark at home. But suite yourself it´s yer bloody neck not mine." Before the Drow entered the Tunnel he called after them: "We have kin in Ozam Har'ol we will see what they have to say..maybe you should ask your people."

The Drows entered the Tunnels, clearly Drogan had exaggerate, but he was right about one thing, this place had a different feeling to it. The Underark they knew war a place of rock and stone, with pockets of Live in it. But these Tunnels booming with live, not only Plants. The Underdark of the old world was more like a desert...but this place was a jungle.

• After a while progressing within the jungle

Gwo orders the troups to gather and organise a little bit differently the progression.

As they clearly have to win every meter against the vegetal owners of the cave, the head of the collumn have to change frequently in order to avoid a too long effort from the drow troups.

They also lay some basic traps, very two hours in order to have an idea of the animals who are living in the area on their way back, if they have engouh luck to come back.

During the progression, the thinest and most skilled scouts have been charged by Gwo to spot any dangers at around 20/15m before it reach the main troup. They climb on the plants or directly on the cave when needed or progress without touching the plants as much as they can.

"Tell me Kay, who's possible for the vegetation to growth like that ?"

"What sort of light or magic can have such result on the plants of the Underdark ? You think it might have a link with the trees that appears upstairs ?"

Gwo point out a very colorfull flowers in the middel of all the green, brown and grey colors that are surronding them.

"When i look at this flowers, I immediately think that I am happy that you are here with some potion again poison. I bet that before long you will have to use them"

Gwo continue he's walk following the path made with hatchet and swords by the men 15m forward

I just hope that we won't face lizardmen... I like dragon people but I really hate the bloody lizardmen. Mainly because of their cold blood, let s keep one or two lantern ready but covered, just in case of need"

• We might find worse things than lizardmen if this place is what I think. Be careful what you touch, I carry antidotes, but who's to say they will work for anything here...

Kay looked thoughtful. The Underdark here was indeed very different from anything he had seen before.

On the Old World, the plants of the Underdark rely on faerzress to grow and get strong, Just as the plants of the surface use the sun. So when you find lots of plants in one place, you often are in presence of a place with strong faerzress. Here however...

Kay kneeled and closely examined the plants at his feet. He quickly seemed to forget the others around him as he put on a pair of leather gloves and started taking samples.

• Two days after...

The troups have progressed slowly and painfully into the wild jungle more or less in the south direction. It seems to the Drow that the thousand of strange and incredible plants that are surronding them are more or less alive and growth faster around them.

Finally the troups reach a more tight cliff that is standing above a tunnel opens on a large water pond. The troups set up a lille camp, in order to take some rest and eat something.

When they looked down to the pond, something like 30m down, they can see that the water is covered by red and white water lily, large portion of fungus are also floating onto the still water and the whole cave seems to be enlighted by some melow creeper that are sticking to the top of the cave and hanging in the whole cave.

Standing on the limit of the cliff and looking at the vaste cave. Gwo start using strong language

"Can you see them ? Can you hear their wings ?"

"They are thousand of them... apparently all united in the middle of this pond"

"From here they looks like dragonfly"

Then Gwo talk a bit to some drows scouts and come back to Kay and Ran.

"Will will use some of the so called trees that we have seen on our way to build some kind of dugouts, it will take a while therefore let's use this time to set up of bit some defense, rest and explore the cave around more in details. Apparenty the scouts have spotted some cracks in the cliff, this may be interesting to have a look and take some rock samples"

• The "Trees" were big Mushrooms who sometimes grew up to the ceiling of some of the caverns.

On their journey Kay hat made same interesting discoveries. One of the Caves they journeyed through the vegetation hat been extremely thick. While his companions hat been fighting their way through the Thicket , Kay hat noticed something strange. Changing into the normal light spectrum, he was amazed, their was a dusky light here. The light hailed from small crystals which seemed to sprout from all over the rocks. Going near the these crystals he could feel radiation...his thirst thought was ...faerzress..but nowhere in the old world he hat seen it in this strong. His skin tingled then he touched one of the crystals.

They hat seen many strange creatures on this journey, but most of them avoided them. In one of the caves they encountered a herd of rothé very similar to those they knew from home, a good opportunity to get knew provisions. But they also came across traces of predators, finding a rothé witch had been ripped apart by some big claw, but something must hat disturb the predators because no threat was to be seen.

• Kay could feel the strong magical energy seeping through those crystals. They seemed like magic made palpable, as if the quantity of faerzress here was such that it had to crystallize in some place. Their energy vibrated like the heartbeat of Magica herself.

Kay started to collect some of the crystals in some of his empty containers, Carefully picking them off the rocky surface of the cave. As he collected them, he noticed a slight change in their glow. He suddenly stopped working and watched his gloved hands thoughtfully. After that he took off the leather mask that was fixed to his helmet, and grabbed another one in a pouch at his belt. The new mask he adjusted to his face, unlike the other one, covered his nose and mouth as well. He usually wore it only when working with unstable or volatile ingredients, but he hadn't outlived his own son by being reckless.

As one of the Scouts passed by, he signed for him to go and get Gwo.

Once the Drow Scout was gone, he carefully inspected the part of the cave where the crystals grew, probing the surrounding vegetation to see if the presence of the crystals had any kind of influence on the flora.

• Not far from the alchemist Gwo arrives pretty quickly with a bunch of men.

"Master Kay... "

Having seen the glowing light of the rock, near the alchemist masked face, he added

"Faerzress,... It's the first time I see some under the new world. But this one seems slighly different from the one that we are used to, doesn't it ?

• Indeed. This is like... magic made stone.

The Alchemist looked at Gwo intently.

We have better be careful. This is raw, and I haven't seen anything even remotely close to this before. It might react surprisingly... Do not come too close. I have collected samples, but it seems to react already.

Kay turned back towards the crystals and continued inspecting them. As he spoke, his voice was lightly muffled by the leather mask on his face.

Ryzzil will like this. Gwo couldn't see his face, but he knew Kay was smiling.

• Ran came back an hour and a half later, he and the drows he took with him were pulling four of the so called trees.
    They had already prepare them for carving, each trunk was about 5 meter long and 1 meter wide. their surface was smooth and the trunks were surprisingly light.
    The easyness they had to cut them down and the lightweight of the trunks reminded Ran of some kind of giant mushrooms... He had never seen such mushrooms before...

He gestured some orders to the drows who accompanied him and headed towards Gwo and Kay.

He could see from the distance that they were examining some strange glowing rocks.